Chapter 18: The Symphony

3rd person POV

Have been struggling with money for a couple of weeks now. You don't know how they get money, but you thought I might be rude to ask about it. I mean their do- gooders so it's not like they stole from people or anything. Right?

Mikey says this happens from time to time and that they always came through, but you know he hasn't eaten in a while and neither has his brothers. You were starting to worry about them.

You figured since you were now technically a part of the family that you should help provide. And by provide you meant a job. You've never had a job before besides being a Foot recruit and there weren't many jobs that allow someone of your age.

There was one job you thought of though that would let you apply. The symphony. You've played cello for a while now and You've been playing way more since you first came to live with Mikey.  There was no age limit when applying only you had to audition.

You'll have to practice certain music in order to get in and for them to see if you were qualified. You had a little stage fright and by a little I mean a lot. But it's the only job you could think of and once your done auditioning it'll be fun.

And you'd be surprised, playing in a orchestra pays really good. Once you learn the music they will be playing at concerts, it won't even be difficult. You'll just have to show up and play. 

You mentioned it to Mikey and he said you didn't need to work for the family, but you also kinda wanted a job. He understood that did want to have one, he just didn't want you to feel that you were obligated to help the family with money problems. 

You found the website for the Manhattan Symphony and they were hiring! You emailed them about wanting to join and they sent you the sheet music for the song you were going to have to addition with.

You saw the sheet music and it looked extremely difficult. The time and key signatures changed multiple times during the song and so did the tempo. They told you that you had a week to practice and then you had the audition.

You were stressing a little bit, but you had a week to practice and the actual music you will be playing in the symphony was going to be way more difficult than what they gave you. They just wanted to see your potential. And they will.

You immediately printed out the sheet music and got to work. You studied the rhythms and checked the tempo. You circled important parts of the music and made notes in the song like to hold a note a little longer. 

You started to pluck the strings and play the song. You mess up the pitches and played through a rest. It was so difficult. You had been practicing the song for 2 hours now and you still haven't even practiced the most difficult part of the song yet.

You started to get really angry. You tried your best to not throw the cello in rage, but it was tempting. You felt like crying, but you couldn't do it. You had keep practicing. Why was this so hard?! You were so caught up in your feelings that you didn't notice Mikey enter the room.

"What going on, sweetheart? Is everything okay? You look like your going to cry." You were a little startled. You didn't know he was there. You turned around to face him. You were on the verge of tears. You set the instrument down and started to cry. Mikey ran over to you and hugged you.

"Why is it so difficult?! It shouldn't be that hard?! Why can't I get it right?!" You said putting your hands over your face. Mikey rubbed your back and whispered to you.

"It's okay, Honeybee. You'll get it. It just takes time, alright. You'll get it eventually." He said, calmly. He put his hand on your cheeks and wiped away your tears with his thumbs. You held his hands to your face and calmed down. He smiled at you knowing that he made you feel better.

"How about you take a break, okay?" He said.

"I can't just stop practicing. But if I do I'll just get annoyed again." You said unsure of what to do.

"How about you laly something else. You know, something you want to play." He said getting up. You nodded and flipped the sheet music to turn to a cello version of you favorite song. Mikey sat down in a bean bag and listened to you play.

It brought him so much joy to see you doing something you love. And not only that, but to get a job doing something you love too, to help his family. You were so nice and kind. Not to mention you could play cello really well. It was like he fell in love with you all over again.

---------------------------------------------

It was the day of the audition and you were shaking like a leaf. It was terrible. You walked onto the stage, with your cello in hand, in front of 3 judges. You sat down an opened your folder with the sheet music. 

You were a so nervous, until you noticed 6 figures in the seats behind the judges. It was Raph, Leo, Donnie, April, Splinter, and Your boyfriend, Mikey. You couldn't believe they came to see your audition! Your anxiety melted away the second you saw them.

"Start whenever your ready." One of the judges said. And you nodded. Then you started to play.

https://spotify.link/d43r73gLiDb  (that's the link to the song. Hope you like it. I think it's cool."

Everyone was amazed at how beautiful it sounded. It was amazing. The song ended and the judges clapped. The boys didn't want to clap other wise it would draw attention, but they loved.

"Okay, Mx. L/n. Well let you know if your in tomorrow." One of the judges said and you nodded again.

"Thank you!" You said and you left. Once you got out of he building everyone was waiting for you.

"You did amazing!"

"I didn't know you could play that good." 

"Your getting in for sure!"

"You did great, sweetheart!" 

You set your cello down and everyone hugged you. You were so happy you had such a supportive family!

---------------------------------

1060 words

Thank you for reading. 

If you don't know much about music just message me.

Constructive criticism is always appreciated

Have a great day! Ye! 🧡