Courage

The days slowly went by. I grew used to the fact that this is my new life now.

Y/N L/N died when coming here but in reality I am still here, just...leaving my old life behind and starting anew...with Hector.

Speaking of Hector, after we confessed our feelings to each other, he acted...more positively around me.

It was like it was no longer Du'Met who was talking with me. It truly was Hector. Hector Waylon Munday.

My long lost friend from school. Even though he forgave me for leaving him behind I still feel guilty since I know that I'm part of the reason why he turned to Granthem Du'Met.

A bad habit of mine is to be too stubborn to accept forgiveness, when it comes to your own faults. Even if others are stopping to judge you, I can't stop judging myself.

It's like there is one side of me who keeps disagreeing to what I deserve when it comes to comfort and instead I am meant to stay guilty.

Maybe...abandoning Hector was the cause of me developing this bad trait.

About the murders. Just like I predicted, they hadn't stopped but I had no reason to go against it anymore. As long as Hector keeps me out of it and I'm being left in the dark about the events I won't complain.

Kate, Mark, Erin, Charlie and Jamie. I didn't forget them. We were a crew once, even if we weren't always on the same page. Glendale and Topeka proved it and how Charlie was acting on our trip here.

Still...sometimes I feel like that this could have turned out different.

Maybe if I was...smarter and not afraid. Perhaps I could have turned this whole situation towards a different path.

Hector was right. I could have gone looking for him instead of Jamie. If I knew earlier that Hector had no intention of killing me, I could have bought time for Kate and Jamie to escape from here.

I knew that someone else was there with Erin but I said nothing. I heard footsteps besides Erin's fearful panting and I believed Erin when she said, someone was in there.

And I said nothing.

I dragged Mark away from the lever since I was worried about him too much. Unfortunately I caused Charlie to die as a result.

Kate...died because I wanted to sacrifice myself and Hector didn't agree with me throwing my life away like this. He wanted me to survive.

And Jamie died...because we closed the wall too fast. This was the only situation where I took half the blame. Kate seemed to blame herself more.

It was difficult to not blame myself for what happened. But I had to pull myself together.

 ---

I sat on the stairs infront of the lighthouse, watching the beautiful night sky until I saw Hector in his usual killer appearance come towards me. He must have finished his current deeds.

"Hello, Y/N."

"Hello, Mr. Du'Met. How was...work?"

I tried to imagine that Hector wasn't killing but...working to stay sane about it.

"Just another day of work. Adding new...cases to my collection of completed ones"

"And that would make how many cases in total?"

"Hmm. Last I checked the number was on 193. I'm close to my goal"

I hummed in understanding and nodded.

I see what he did there. Chiming in on my altered sentence to not make me uncomfortable about his recent victims.

"I wish I was there when you joined the FBI, Hector. Maybe I would have even met you on a crime scene. To be fair, I think it would be really interesting seeing you as a detective in action."