Reunion

I woke up...and found myself in a cramped room. As if I was in a closet. My wrists were bound together and my mouth was taped.

I could only let out muffled screams in hopes, someone would hear me and I tried hitting against the door.

But it was futile. The door didn't budge. It was locked tightly shut.

Why am I still alive? Why didn't he kill me when he had the chance?

And why did that trap reverse all of a sudden, when I volunteered to sacrifice myself for Kate's life?

What is going on? It's like...I am not meant to die...at all.

Is this the reason I survived for so long? Since Du'Met spared me?

But why...would he do such a thing?

---

I heard beeping coming from the other side of the door. I couldn't quite figure out what it was but I heard footsteps come near me.

Was it Du'Met? Or someone who came to help me?

I wasn't sure if I should scream again or not.

I heard a key being picked up and at that point I decided to ignore a potential threat.

Might as well risk it.

So I banged again against the door and screamed again, hoping that whoever is there, would let me out of here.

I was lucky...

The door opened and I fell out, making eye contact with Mark.

Thank god...He's alive.

"Y/N? You're alive!"

I couldn't speak through the tape on my mouth.

"Here. Let me take that off"

He ripped the tape off and I breathed out in relief. Seeing Mark alive gave me a little comfort. I wasn't the sole survivor. Thank goodness.

He tried to untie my binds.

"What happened? Where are the others?"

I had to tell him.

"Kate...and Jamie. They didn't make it..."

Mark was horrified when I told him. He looked at me with wide eyes.

"What?"

"Du'Met. He tricked us. We thought we could...trap him but he...was smarter."

"No...This isn't happening..."

Suddenly I saw a shadow coming from behind Mark.

"Mark!"

He quickly turned around and barely missed the axe targeted to his head. It nearly hit my crotch.

I couldn't still move my hands but I tried standing as I heard Mark and Du'Met fighting.

I ran towards Du'Met but I received a kick to my stomach before I was able to restrain him.

My vision got blurry and I almost fell under but I regained my bearings.

Seeing Mark there with the axe with Du'Met infront of him, I looked around for something to help him.

I found a lamp and ran towards it, throwing it at Du'Met despite my wrists bound together.

That distracted him and Du'Met turned to me.

"Mark! Run!"

"I can't just leave you!"

"Go!"

But before he could, Du'Met turned to him and blocked his way, taking the axe from him with ease.

I ran towards Du'Met again and wrapped my bound wrists around his neck, feeling him struggle against the hold before shrugging me off him.

Luckily...Mark used the chance to run and I looked up at Du'Met, who looked down at me.

I should be scared but I wasn't.

"Just...end it!"

But to my surprise...he didn't. He left. Left me alone. Spared me.

I couldn't understand but couldn't keep thinking about it. He was going after Mark.

Before I could go and try to rescue him, I heard the door being locked from outside and I gasped as I went towards it and hit against it with my hands.

"Let me out!"

But the only response I got was the footsteps getting quieter.

He really was sparing my life...for now...

---

I desperately looked out the windows, hoping to see any sign of Mark.

But I couldn't find him.

What I did find however was police boat coming towards the dock. I exhaled in relief. We were saved...

Well...not everyone.

At least something went right.

But then...it went wrong...just again.

I saw how the boat caught on fire and then it exploded, rendering all my hope for escape useless.

Why? Why can't he let us leave?

I slid down on the wall and cried into my hands.

It's hopeless. I will never get out of here.

I'm sorry, everyone. I couldn't escape. I failed.