Truth

Many days went by after I accepted the deal. Hector or Du'Met to be exact kept his promise and spared me.

Which didn't mean that I was left unharmed. He came close to it but he mostly threathened me with the knife near my neck or cutting some strands of my hair. But he never left any marks on my skin.

He was playing on my fear and I always saw him thrive on it. It was cruel and...heartless. The Hector I once was friends turned into a maniac.

Can I even call him a maniac? As cool and composed as he is acting there is no sense in that assumption I am making.

What even is Hector in this state? I know that he's a murderer but most murderers are deranged or psychotic. Hector doesn't appear to me this way.

In one way I am amazed but mostly I am creeped out. It was like he was silently manipulating me from the shadows. Letting me fall into the dark side...

And I admit...I was close.

The marks on my arm were no means to ease me of my suffering. Even if injuring myself would bring me close to finally be free, I realized it was futile. At the next day my wounds were healed and the tools were harder to find.

It was like Hector predicted I would attempt this. He just doesn't want me to die.

What fate is even more cruel than denying someone to end their suffering?

So I lost another possible escape route...

---

I imagined what Hector went through after I left him. Was he calling for me when his mother abused him? Did he think about me when his life turned dark?

What even happened to him after school?

All these questions. If fate decides that I have to stay with Hector than I have to find out the truth about his past. All I know is that he was abused by his mother and that he apparently interrogated Manny Sherman.

So he was working with the police. But why?

Manny Sherman was a killer. There was no doubt about it. You could say that Manny was one of the reasons Hector became like this. But this isn't the only reason. The traumatic events he went through, abused by his mother, bullied at school, being filled with anger due to being abused and abandoned by his father.

Which normal child wouldn't succumb to madness as a result?

It shocked me to admit it but that's when I started feeling sympathy towards Hector. All this pain he went through but he shows no signs of hatred in his actions. It's like...he taught himself to keep his emotions in check. To not compromise the effort of his work.

I wonder...did his work time in the police somehow help with the pain he was feeling?

Think about the killers we've covered...There's always a weakness...

Kate's words rang through my head.

I'm not playing detective. I just want to survive.

Jamie...

Playing detective is how we survive...

Mark...

I know that I found stuff about Hector back at the hotel. Maybe I can return and try to find more clues?

But then again...would Hector even allow me to go?

It would be better than to sit around here all the time. In his house, staring out the windows, seeing people arrive with the ferry just to see the ferry go back on it's own.