{2} 𝘉𝘰𝘺𝘴 𝘕𝘢𝘮𝘦

CHAPTER TWO
—————

❦❦❦

  I stand up. Gasping for air— I see my still, empty body laying on the same bed I had fallen asleep on hours prior. I look to my left and see Dalton asleep in the bed opposite mine though his body looked so full of life.

On the desk in between the two beds sits a flash light sitting face down. I pick it up, examining it I realize there is no on switch, no button or lever. I slap it on my forearm until it flickers on.

There's perfect silence.

I can't hear anything. Dalton is laying perfectly still, its honestly quite unsettling. I hear a faint piano playing in the background, why is it that there's always a piano.

I look over my shoulder to the door, something is pulling me to it. I take a few steps scanning about everything in sight.

My hand wraps around the door handle.

Just then the silence is interrupted by a heavy aggressive scratching on the door, this scares me so much I jolt back. My hands shaking causing the light in my hand to vibrate on the door.

"Dalton" I look over to him.

No answer.

The scratching is becoming louder and louder my head is pounding; my hands fly up to cover my ears. The noise is so painful to hear — the flashlight drops out of my hand and rolls on the floor, the light still pointing at the door. It's consuming me, I fall back; kicking my legs to try to get as far away as I can.

"DALTON" I scream out, he still can't hear me.

Out of no where the scratching comes to a cease, I uncover my ears, breathing heavily, my eyes still wide taking in my surroundings.

The door handle begins to rattle.
Someone's trying to get in.

I'm completely frozen in fear, the door unlocks—it begins to creek open. I see a skinny, frail, boney hand with pitch black nails wrap around the doorframe.

There she is, the woman that I've become oh so familiar with. She's made an appearance in every single one of these types of dreams since I was a child. But every time her gaze has grown colder and colder, her eyes have become an even darker shade of black.

She stares deep in my eyes, I can feel her views of me. She's practically mocking me I look extremely pathetic.

I hesitate for a moment still completely frozen.

She smirks before letting out the most gut wrenching scream. My feet catch up with my brain and I basically leap up and jump in my bed. Tears streaming down my face — screaming as well in complete disbelief

'Just wake up.
Just wake up.
Its just a dream.
It isn't real.
Just wake up.
Wake up Skye.
Its not real.
You just need to wake up.
COME ON.
WAKE UP.'

"SKYE WAKE UP." Dalton screams at me; shaking me awake.