{1} 𝘔𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘋𝘢𝘺

CHAPTER ONE
—————

❦❦❦

"𝐒𝐤𝐲𝐞, 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲?" My mom shouts from downstairs.

"Almost!"

Boxes and Boxes of stuff fill my room, who would've known that packing for college would take so many boxes. I never would've thought I owned this many clothes, where will I even put this stuff. My poor roommate.

I tape up the last box and set it on top of the pile. I sigh in relief, packing is finally done.

The college I'm going to is mainly driven by the arts, I'm enrolled into the music department. I've loved singing and music ever since I was a little girl, The art form had always come naturally to me, I very strangely understood how to play piano and barely took lessons at the age of 6.

So obviously attending this college had been really really important to me.

"You need any help?" My mom says slowly opening the door. "I was actually just finishing up, you can help me load the car though" I respond.

My mom has a huge business meeting today so I actually have to drive myself. She feels awful but it's all totally understandable besides I can listen to whatever I want on the way so I don't mind. But I know my mom still wants to be included she's always been really supportive of my passion fot music.

"I can't believe your growing up and going off to college, go to lots of parties! or don't, I dont trust those college boys. So I take that back stay away from those parties."

"Mom, I'll be fine I promise"

"I just want you to be safe"

We finish loading up the car, It's all surreal I'm really truly going to college. I'm going to live with a roommate and take classes from the best and live a whole other new life. I can see the emotion in my moms face. She hugs me tight.

"I love you Skye, drive safe and call me as soon as you arrive."

"I love you too mom, I will I promise."

I get in my car and drive off, the drive isn't too long only about a hour and a half. It was honestly great I got to blast music the entire time something I know my mom wouldn't have let me do.

꧁꧂

Before I knew it I was pulling into the giant parking lot where kids and their proud parents were unloading boxes after boxes. Here I was all by myself, not even totally sure where my dorm building is.

"This should be interesting." I mutter to myself rubbing the back of my neck, I pull out the piece of paper folded in my cup holder beside me.

'𝒟𝑜𝓇𝓂 403, 7209 𝑒𝒶𝓈𝓉𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝒶𝓋𝑒.'

Of course I'm on the fourth floor, There were probably about 3 buildings for dorms that looked exactly the same around this parking lot.

I grabbed two boxes out of my trunk and soon figured out I had to get closer to see the front of each building had a number on it. Who even chose these numbers, out of all the numbers in the world someone labeled a building 7,209.