Chapter 20

𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗: 𝟼 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜

Noone's Pov

"Espresso?" Madeleine groaned, his head pounding.

He tried to prop himself up but his stomach hurt slightly and he felt lazy so he lay limply on his side instead. Espresso hid his wince and rose onto his feet. He put away the book he was reading, hiding his guilty expression behind his coffee.

"What time is it love?" Madeleine asked.

"It's 7 am," Espresso replied stiffly, "I have cleaned up yesterday's... mess. Do you require assistance to stand?"

"Haha, it's all alright! Thanks," Madeleine said dismissively, forcing himself to roll up and onto his knees so that he landed on the floor.

He then used the bed's edge to push himself up to his feet. Feeling proud, he looked towards Espresso with a grin.

"See! I'm absolutely..." Madeleine trailed off, noticing Espresso was no longer there.

Madeleine let out a breath and rubbed his hands over his face. He felt extremely embarrassed from the previous night. He must have looked like a blabbering idiot! Not the mention, it was his fault Espresso felt guilty and upset and all those other swirls of emotions from the beginning. So embarrassed, mortified, ashamed, and crushed.

But he was also glad that they made up... at least he was sure they did.

Haah, if my parents or sibling witnesses me like this... The thought irked him, I really wished I lived with my aunts and Blackberry. Uncle is too... OH, MY DIVINES! BLACK! Madeleine gasped loudly.

"AHH! Essy, we need to go to breakfast or we'll keep everyone waiting!" Madeleine yelled, his brain going into panic mode.

"You really forget, huh," Espresso said from the other room, "Hm, it's too bad we don't know what we're doing today, I don't know what outfit to wear for the occasion."

"Y-you look stunning in everything!" Madeleine shouted, "But- but what should I wear?"

"Perhaps your white t-shirt with blue sleeves?" Espresso said, walking in his full usual outfit in the vanilla kingdom.

"Essy! You can't possibly wear that!" Madeleine argued, "When did you even bring it?"

Espresso opened his mouth to tell him off before changing his mind and saying, "Ah, okay. I was simply joking."

He clapped his hands and his outfit changed into brown pants, a white shirt, and a thin brown jacket. Madeleine nodded approvingly, looking for a word to say as the awkward silence fell over them.

"Uh, I'll get changed then," Madeleine said, scooting towards his suitcase.

"Right, of course," Espresso responded.

Seeking to start a conversation, Madeleine said, "The new Detective Conan episode's been aired. We could watch it together."

"But we haven't yet reached that point?" Espresso pointed out.

Madeleine gave a muffled, 'Haha I forgot' through the shirt he was pulling over his head.

"We do you want to visit? Any interesting places to suggest?" Espresso grilled, handing Madeleine some sunscreen, "I heard there was a museum around here."

"Uhh, nowhere in particular," Madeleine said, lying, "I think an amusement park would be fun?"

"Hmm," Espresso hummed, "We'll decide with the others anyways, no point in dawdling on it now, or we won't meet up at all."