Chapter 6

Noone's Pov

"Espresso, can I chat with you for a bit?" Latte requested Espresso after dinner was over and everyone had left.

"I suppose we could," Espresso replied absentmindedly.

He was more focused on Madeleine as he emptied the trash. Espresso felt worried because Madeleine wasn't acting like his loud obnoxious self as usual.

"All right, great!" Latte said and grabbed Espresso by the arm.

"Wha- Hey!" Espresso yelped, snapping back into focus, "What are you doing?"

"You said we could talk a bit," Latte said in exasperation.

"Did I?" Espresso said unconvinced.

"Yep, you did Essy," Madeleine supplied.

Madeleine gave an exaggerated yawn and walk away into the bedroom, "I'm tired so I'll go to sleep early. I don't mind you leaving."

"Ah, alright then. Thank you, Maddie," Espresso said calmly, "Have sweet dreams."

"Good night," Madeleine called before flopping down on the giant hotel bed.

"Is it okay to talk in the lobby or outside?" Latte asked, "I don't want to disturb Chocolate Mocha or Cream Puff right now. They said they were very busy and requested to have the room to themselves for just a bit."

"It's a very nice night, so I would prefer to sit outside," Espresso nodded.

Espresso noted that Latte wasn't smiling as she spoke. Instead, she looked anxious. He assumed that something happened that affected her mood, like meeting Doppia or something.

The siblings went downstairs and exited the building. Latte turned to Espresso whose curiosity and impatientness were growing. Espresso's brain was ticking and wondering what could be troubling Latte.

"Espresso.. are you okay?" Latte said with concern, making Espresso cringe, "What happened?"

Her question shocked Espresso. He hadn't expected her to say that out of all the possibilities. Perhaps my face looked too stressed, Espresso thought, angry at himself now.

"I'm fine, may I ask why you are asking that?" Espresso said, trying to turn his face expressionless.

"Sibling instinct I guess?" She shrugged.

I raised an eyebrow and she added, "Plus, you did meet with Madeleine's family today."

"Dinner went fine," Espresso lied.

"Espresso, I'm your sister. I want to help you but you need to trust me," Latte sighed, "I got Almond to find some files on Madeleine's family for me."

Espresso flinched. I suppose sibling instincts were real because I have a general idea of what she was going to say next. He thought, worried.

"Their family profile is way too good to be true," Latte continued, "I don't know the details, but please, tell me."

With the sibling jewels

"Hm, that is indeed great information considering you only interacted with him for three days," Damien remarked to the man in front of him and Saphire.