Chapter 17

Espresso's Pov

I watched uncomfortably as the seamstress, a brunette cookie with hazelnut eyes took Madeleine's measurements. I glanced at my chatting acquaintances retelling what'd happened to Sparkling and Herb. I winced and looked away.

I shouldn't act guilty. A part of my mind murmured.

"Espresso, I can take your measurements," Brook said, sending off Chocolate Mocha after helping her and then jotting some numbers down in her little black notebook. 

"Ah, okay, of course," I nodded, but I disliked the idea inside.

I stood up and she gave me a small pinched smile which was only visible to me. I didn't return it and looked past her shoulder and watched Chocolate Mocha and Madeleine now rejoin everyone else, and I felt annoyed, guilty, and sad, as Madeleine didn't even glance my way.

It doesn't matter, he doesn't need to glance your way every time. You didn't care back then when you were alone in your little room of Dark Enchantress's castle, I thought violently, but he always looks at me now. 

Stupid Paladin.

"Lift your arms," Brook said and I did so.

I'm overreacting.

"Brook! I can take his measurements instead," The seamstress suddenly butter in, just inches before Espresso placed the tape around my waist.

"That's alright, Truffle-Claire," Brook said firmly, but her hands didn't move as if she was pondering on something, "I suggest you measure another cookie, or we won't be able to finish before ten."

Ten? I thought, looking towards the dark chocolate brown clock and I blinked, slightly surprised. Oh my, it's already 9:45? If I recall...

"There are no other cookies left to measure," Truffle-claire stated as a matter of factly, paused to think, before adding, "Fine. Why don't you measure his top and I measure his lower body> That way we'll finish in no time."

"Good idea," Brook said stiffly.

Ah fuck- I frowned in protest and I looked at Madeleine's back desperately, trying to catch his eyes, which was a futile attempt. I mentally sighed. I didn't dare argue with Brook or Truffle-Clair, I knew I needed my measurements taken. The faster, the better. I was invited to a ball in which I didn't wish to participate, and I'm not ungrateful, but I just simply wished to attend to other matters.

Like getting rid of Madeleine's family.

"Urgh..." I said, a weird and old feeling of lust for blood overcoming me.

"Hm? Oh sorry, was that too tight?" Brook apologized, loosening the measuring tape from my chest which I didn't even notice.

"No," I said uneasily as she placed her hand around my back again.

I tried my best not to jerk whenever the two cookies touched me. I didn't hate them, but I have to say, their 'sorry's' didn't sound very sorry when they touched somewhere uncomfortable by 'accident.'

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity but turned out only to be five minutes, they finished taking my fucking measurements.

"Thank you," I said, giving a short bow after stepping back.

"No problem!" They said, with Brook sounding formal and Truffle-claire sounding somewhat bubbly.

Three knocks were heard from the studio's door before it slowly creaked open and a maid with blonde hair peaked in.