Chapter One

Nightmares of The Past

______________________________________________________

"You slander my name in the name of a free laugh and yet the same if I do I am being insensitive?"
________________________________________________________

Night loomed over Oneiros, darkness whispered into the ears of infants, lulling them back to the land of sleep. The breeze rang with a gentle melody. And yet even in such a place so serene could not cure an ailing mind.

In the light of the moon stood the most speculated member of the Fae court. His blank gaze focused on the stars, bathing the hauntingly beautiful male in a pale limelight.

The light thread through his golden hair, traveled over the gaunt cheeks. His ebony eyes swirled with a burden unknown. The stars witnessed the beautiful sight and sighed in compassion for the broken fae. For the boy who rose from shambles. For the boy who had lost his all. For the boy who lived only to safe the rest from his fate.

The saline tears had long dried. Ages ago when he lost his home. When the court had infiltrated his boisterous life like a plague. And consumed all he had built.

His home was burnt away, his family crushed, but the deities of nature could not be satisfied and now he was cursed to live in solitude, mourning for everything that could be if he could have been a little more agile. If only he could be present there and be able to defend his parents.

Alas sorrow listened to none and by the time he arrived he was a moment too late. And there had his curse began. Lost in his grievance he unleashed a gale, shaking the very foundations of Oneiros. A tremor of anguish so big the City palace trembled under it.

A big mishap. A huge mistake on his part.

And before he could comprehend, a tight circle of fae, pixies, gnomes all the beings that had an abode in the city walls, cornered him. The rest of his memories were a blur. Faded because of his state of numbness. All that remained in his hazed mind was of him begging for prosecution, while the Lord of the City made a path for a exquisite life as his way of condolence.

He craved the embrace of oblivion. And yet the Lord was too just and benevolent to let go of a life. The commonfolk believed he was blessed. Little did they know how fickle the court was within.

He witnessed their ruthless games. How they destroyed the mind of the naive. And the merriment they found in these games they played with other's sanity.

All of the atrocities burnt him and yet he could not defect and leave. His oath prevented him.

The lost boy was now the most priced treasure of Oneiros. The High healer and a formidable assassin. Christopher.

But never had he felt more lost. More broken. More abandoned.

The past haunted him through the seams of reality. The nightmares brought back memories buried deeper than the graves of the warriors of past. The moments that linked his life to a past far darker and cursed.

The honeyed voice sighed as he walked back towards his gilded cage. There was no one to mourn the young fae lad. As the sunshine child faded into an aloof shell of himself. Readying himself for the mental brawl he would face the next morn.