𝟤𝟫 ¦ 𝗴𝗼𝘁 𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲

✩  𝐈'𝐕𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐀 𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐍𝐈𝐂 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄, but I've always wanted to go on one

✩ 𝐈'𝐕𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐀 𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐍𝐈𝐂 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄, but I've always wanted to go on one. I'd see the people in movies and TV shows gather together and throw a cliche plaid blanket over the grass and decorate the cloth with fresh fruit and sandwiches, some pretty pastel cakes. It was a cute idea, and with the right resources and things, it could be a nicer execution.

Except this picnic was more like, a random old blanket pulled out from the back of Akaashi's car that he said he hadn't seen since his freshman year of high school; a sad batch of cookies that were partly smooshed from Kenma's poor packaging skills, and a batch of day old sandwiches from the local deli thanks to Tsukishima.

However, I still clapped once I'd finished plating and setting everything just right across the blanket. Everyone else seemed a little amused by my excitement, but Bokuto was just as excited as he watched me clap.

"Okay, apart from the mysterious brown stain on the blanket, this doesn't look that bad," Kuroo chuckled lowly, interrupting the short glance shared with Bokuto and I. My eyes blinked to Kuroo's as he sat cross-legged on an empty part of the wide cloth, gesturing for everyone else to follow.

Everyone did so, happily exclaiming and murmuring as they followed his lead. I went to join Akaashi's side, happily humming, but Kenma's gold fingertips snatched my elbow, abruptly yanking me backwards.

I yelped, whipping my head around to face the boy with an annoyed expression.

"Jesus, Kenma, are you trying to rip my arm off?" I scolded the boy who was left unbothered as we stood mere feet away from the group, angrily hissing back and forth.

"I just want to know if anything happened last night," He nodded his head in a suggestive way, making the heat rise in my cheeks.

"Sorry to disappoint you, Ken, but no. Nothing happened," I turned my head toward Bokuto who was excitedly eating grapes with brilliant, wide eyes. I swore for a moment I got lost in them, they were swirls of chocolate, hazel mixes. Like when you're painting and the water in which you wash your brush in consumes all the color and creates wonderful shades of browns and greens. Enchanting is the best way to put it.

"Except for, uh, when he..." I trailed off, holding my tongue between my teeth to prevent any more words from spilling. Kenma gasped animatedly, pushing my arm in disbelief and then quickly shaking me a bit.

You'd think the guy was hearing news about getting a brand new video game or something.

"When he what, Y/n?!" This was one of the rare times Kenma ever expressed any interest in my love life; not that there was much of one prior to Bokuto- and not that there even is one now.

I rolled my eyes as an attempt to hide my red tinted cheeks, "But nothing."

"I know you're hiding something," Kenma scolded like a mother, narrowing his eyes at me. He slyly glanced behind me at Bokuto (who was now telling a story happily to Tsukishima who didn't seem very amused or interested) with his cat-like eyes, "Tell me!!"