𝟬𝟴 ¦ 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗺𝘆 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱

✩  𝐁𝐎𝐊𝐔𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐍 𝐎𝐃𝐃 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 his chest; he almost felt a ping of jealousy as he reread the messages again

✩ 𝐁𝐎𝐊𝐔𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐍 𝐎𝐃𝐃 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍
his chest; he almost felt a ping of jealousy as he reread the messages again. And again. And again. Almost like a broken record, he'd let out a long and continuous groan, accompanied by his boyish pout.

Akaashi had started to notice, and not only was he noticing but he was also growing annoyed by the constant shallow huffs.

Though Akaashi was younger, he felt more like a parental figure to Bokuto than a younger friend. So he payed attention whenever he noticed the eery silence that almost never followed Bokuto. No, he'd gotten used to the cacophonous disarray that trailed behind Bokuto. It was the usual.

That wasn't the case at all right now. And he noticed it when he came over to Bokuto's house less than an hour ago.

It was a bit suffocating now; Bokuto looked not only sad but confused, as if he didn't know why he was sad. Akaashi tilted his head, staring above the top of his book as he tried to read the poor males face.

"Bokuto, why do you look like that?" Akashi's words came out a bit more harsh than he intended, almost sounding like a scolding father.

Bokuto opened his mouth, hair drooping the sadder his face became, "What? Am I ugly?"

"No- that's not what I meant." Akaashi sighed, closing his book and eyeing the older male who sat cross legged on the floor, "I mean you look sad. Why are you sad?"

"Oh... I'm not sad." Bokuto's face said otherwise.

Akaashi felt suspicious, so he clicked his tongue and raised a brow, "Bokuto, you know it's really easy to read your emotions right?"

Bokuto frowned even further, his fingers nervously toying with the edge of a frilly pillow that was now resting in his lap. Bokuto blinked back at Akaashi, his natural puppy dog eyes in full effect. Akaashi was immune to whatever feeling they were supposed to make him feel, especially after so many years of being friends with this man. So instead, Akaashi sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Okay, do I have to guess?" He grimaced, unsure what to say. But Bokuto didn't say anything, so Akaashi pressed further, his mind sorting through what events the poor boy could've gone through throughout the day, "Did... you slip and fall in the shower again?" Bokuto furrowed his brows, shaking his head aggressively, "Okay... did you lose your car keys? Again..." Another sure head shake, "Read spoilers for your favorite TV show?" Another no, "Okay, dude, I can't keep guessing. Use your words."

Bokuto shrugged, "I don't know, Kaashi... I just have a funny feeling in my chest..."

"Are you sick?" Akaashi asked, trying his best to sound patient, but at this point he just wanted Bokuto to spit it out.