𝟤𝟨 ¦𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘆

✩  𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐙𝐎𝐍 as I opened my eyes

✩  𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐙𝐎𝐍 as I opened my eyes. I yawned silently, adjusting my body under the warmth of the blankets- actually it was a lot heavier than a blanket, and warmer too. I tilted my head to see what was on me, and found Bokuto flat against my chest, his head tucked into my neck. His soft hair tickled my chin and cheeks, but that wasn't the most annoying part.

The part I hated most was how much I liked this. I stopped myself from smiling but I felt the unstoppable pull on my face.

I glanced across the room, eyeing the mess of paper towels, sheet masks, blankets and even food wrappers around the room. All the remnants and bits of memories from last night.

I shifted just barely, trying my best not to stir the boy awake. But he shifted as well, instead of waking, however, he tightened his arms around me, silently murmuring something unheard into my skin and then resuming his soft snores.

His strong arms around my waist felt... surreal. I felt my cheeks burn and my heart thump; it thumped so loud I thought I'd wake him up from the patter.

Last night when I told him that I'd cuddle him to sleep was mainly an empty promise so we could watch Coraline together, but it ended up coming true. And almost as soon as the movie was over, Bokuto turned to me with that smug, boyish grin and opened his arms like a baby begging to be picked up.

"Really?"

"Uh, yes really. You promised," He pouted and blinked up at me, pleading with his eyes.

If he only knew the effect his eyes had on me.

I sighed in defeat, nodding and widening my arms in return; instantly feeling his own body unite with mine. For a brief moment, I had to make sure I wasn't dreaming or off in la la land. I pinched my arm, and nothing faltered, nothing stopped the dream. This was real.

He was in my arms and there was no going back now. I sighed and took in the smell of his shampoo, a peachy scent that somehow made me fall deeper. Being in love felt like a never ending pit, the deeper you fall, the more you start to notice.

Like the way his hair fell in front of his eyes, or how his one bottom tooth was just barely crooked (it somehow made him even cuter). I couldn't point out a single thing on his body that I hadn't noticed and fallen in love with.

"You stopped using that AXE body spray right?" I asked, remembering our conversation a few weeks ago. He chuckled against my skin, moving his arms to my sides as if to comfort me with his warm, gentle hands.

"Mhm, I did," Bokuto responded, "Why? Do I smell bad? Should I start using it again?"

I made a face, my nose scrunching and my mouth forming a scowl, "No, I like this."

"You like what?"

"You smell... nice right now. Don't change it, at all." I reassured him, avoiding his eyes and instead letting them flow across the wall and admire the tiny, indecent cracks and deformities in the wallpaper.

If I met his eyes I'd say more. I'd say things that shouldn't be said. I didn't need to screw this up yet.

"You're a creep."

"What?"

"You're smelling me!"

"You're right in my face! I have no choice but to smell you!!"

Bokuto shifted on my chest, his head rising to meet mine. His morning face was cute, he looked disheveled and his eyes were still puffy and red from slumber. I whispered a good morning as he shifted again, this time dropping off my body and onto the futon that padded along the floor.

I felt the weight of his body leave me, his peachy scent leave my nose and his warmth leave my body cold.

"You're a good pillow," He spoke drowsily, it was a shockingly low sound, and for a moment I didn't even register that he was the one speaking.

"Glad to be of service," I responded while scratching my unkept hair, my eyes squinting as I stifled a relentless yawn. I sat up, my eyes falling on the heaping pile of pillows beside me.

"Did I snore...?" Bokuto asked with a soft expression, his eyes sincere and his lips pressed together while he waited patiently for an answer.

"No," I smiled, "But you said something about needing to eat all the pretzels after you fell asleep." I chuckled in response, watching his face fall. He sat up, ruffling his messy bed head that was admittedly, well, hot.

"Pretzels... I don't even like pretzels," He mumbled, picking up his phone and checking the time.

"Picnic starts at 10:00 a.m."

"So we got time," I responded, "Time to clean."

"Or we could go back to sleep and this time I'll hold you," Bokuto grinned. I rolled my eyes playfully in response, shaking my head.

"What? I thought you loved me?!"

"I love," I stared into his eyes, adoring his honey-pot gaze, "Cleaning."

"I can't believe you choose cleaning over me!"

"If you clean I'll let you do whatever you want with me," I stood up and stretched, letting my messy hair drape down my spine and tickle me.

"Anything?"

I glanced down at him, "Almost anything..."

"