𝟮𝟱 ¦ 𝗮𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗮𝘆

✩   𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐃, 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐒𝐔𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐄 and aura needed to enchant anyone within a five foot radius

✩   𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐃, 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐒𝐔𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐄 and aura needed to enchant anyone within a five foot radius. He just... he had that natural charm that made it nearly impossible to look away from. Everything he did, everything he said made me giggle and blush; impulsively, I'd find my cheeks burning up and my eyes flitting across the boyish, charismatic features of his face. I found myself restraining my hands from dwelling in his hair.

Long story short, Bokuto made me want to experience love. He made me want to feel the fulfilling feeling in my heart; to enjoy the feeling of my cheeks brightening and my heart pounding in my ears.

I've never met someone like him before.

I watched the male as he sat down, cross-legged before me, a cheesy, toothy grin boring his features. He had sat me down just moments before, instructing me with soft demands to sit still so he could put my face mask on. So, of course, I did.

My eyes lingered for a brief moment on his fingers as the worked the tube of green goo out of the tube and into his pale fingertips. He worked diligently, for once there was quiet around him. I took note of the way his tongue poked out just barely as he concentrated.

All was well until the boy squeezed the tube a bit too hard and then almost all the contents blasted onto his hands, then his legs, and then everywhere else within a two foot radius; including me.

"I-"

"Shit... oh my gosh, Y/n. Y/n. Y/n. Y/n. Oh my god- why? Holy god. Oh my. Fuck. Y/n. Y/n. Y/n?! Y/n, what do I do?!"

I glanced down at my feet, my thighs all of which were covered in the substance.

I glanced back up at the boy, his face full of regret and sadness; his saddened features gave the illusion of his hair droopy like puppy ears. I giggled. It was absurd to giggle, especially considering the mess but I did just that.

Bokuto glanced up, confusion clear on his face as he tried to understand how I could giggle after such a mess was made.

"W-why are you laughing?" Bokuto felt his cheeks warm, involuntary of course. But they burned a deep shade of pink across his face as he watched me closely. My giggle soon became hysterical laughter; it was inevitable, I couldn't stop it. So much so, my stomach began to hurt and twist from the chuckles that left my lips.

"Bo- I'm sorry but..." I trailed off in laughter, my eyes shutting while I tried (and failed) to recollect myself.

"But what?!" Bokuto felt embarrassed but a smile was pulling at his lips as well.

He never knew Y/n could laugh like that. He's never noticed how her face brightens so much with every giggle. Or how she shut her eyes so evidentially with every little sound she made. He hasn't had the privilege of seeing it play out. The screen, the phone, the photos. None of it did her justice. He loved the sound; the pure sound. Not through the phone, but hearing her right beside him as she gasped for hair while laughing. That made his stomach twirl.

Bokuto couldn't deny it at all. He was in love with her. Every bit of her. And being with her right now only strengthened that idea. He was absolutely, insanely, irrevocably in love with Y/n.

"Okay- okay, sorry," I swiped away a happy tear, meeting his eyes. He seemed dazed, his cheeks still red and puffy. I couldn't read anything on his face, but he was definitely in his own head about something, "Bo... Bo?? You okay? Sorry, I wasn't trying to tease you. Let's clean this up."

Bokuto glanced back at me, eyes refocusing on mine as I tried to grab the towel beside us, wiping at the floor beneath the two of us.

"Ah, sorry," Bokuto pouted, grabbing a towel as well and following my lead, "I was... just thinking."

"What were you thinking about, hm?" I asked with a smile, repressing that flutter in my chest whenever our hands accidentally grazed.

Bokuto opened his mouth but no words left his jaw; instead he closed it again, blinking as if he didn't really know what to say.

"What? Too scared to tell me?" I raised a brow, pausing to wipe at my own messy hands. The green mask seemed to fall down my arms and drip to the ground, only making the mess harder to clean for me.

"Yeah, kind of." Bokuto admitted with an adorable smile. His hands hesitantly reached for mine, and he replaced the work of my towel with his own. Bokuto wiped away the excessive mask silently, avoiding my eyes.

I sucked in a silent breath, quietly hoping that he would do more than that.

But I quickly dismissed the thought.

"Why?" I asked. But I instantly regretted that short, one word. Why? I probably sounded nosy and annoying, so I instantly locked eyes with the single uneven floorboard beside me, blinking harshly as his hands still diligently wiped and cleaned my fingers.

He paused, just holding one hand while examining the cleanliness of it. He hummed out a deep, content sigh which instantly made me look back up at him. The curiosity to know what was lingering in his mind was incomprehensible, so I snuck a glance.

His lips were pulled into the prettiest smile, his eyes low on my hands as he finished up his work, his own hands still messy alongside the rest of him.

"Just cause."

I pouted, "Why won't you tell me?"

He blinked up at me, "Because it has something to do with you. That's why."

"