What?

Luigi turned behind him wondering who would dare interrupt this process, after all it was demanded by him, and none of the guards dared to stand in his way yet, none of them even saying it was a bad idea, so who could it be? the cage stopping after his voice echoed through the room, as he turned around he quietly gasped, shocked that it was him who decided to stop this, why would he dare to after he had supported the idea of the execution..?

It was Bowser.

"Lui, I get he's made things hard on us hut we really don't need to do this.." Bowser looked down at Luigi, looking pretty worried, even if he and Mario used to fight there was no need to kill him.

"What did you just say?" Luigi felt some rage boiling up inside him, clearly not happy with the interruption Bowser made on Luigi's pre-wedding plans.

"I said we really don't need to hurt them, they've done wrong but we can just let them go.." Bowser sighed,knowing Luigi wouldn't be happy at this suggestion, and by the look on Luigi's face Bowser could tell he really was not happy.

"But why? They tried to break us apart, Mario hasn't been good to us, why do they deserve to live? They should die, I want them to die." Luigi's voice started to shake, he was really hoping he could get Bowser to understand him here, he had really been looking forward to doing this with Bowser and he didn't want it to be ruined now.

"Look, Luigi i understa-"

"You don't understand me."

Bowser stood there kind of shocked, Luigi had never snapped at him before so this was a pretty rare occasion, the tone Luigi used with him was also really...cold. A tone Luigi had never used with Bowser, he had seen him use the tone with his brother when he was very upset, but it was a bit intimidating for Luigi to use it on Bowser, considering the last time Luigi used it on someone it was Mario, and now he wants Mario dead.

"You don't understand what I went through, you never will, I went through so much to make this relationship and wedding possible for us, and I only ask for one thing that's to let my brother die, and that's the one thing you won't let me have, why? What did I ever do wrong to you? I tried so hard to make you happy and you just throw it down the drain like this? Do you understand how much it hurts me when I've done so much to make this all possible for us, I know I sound selfish but please just let me have this one thing."

Bowser sighed, he knew he would have a bad time getting Luigi out of this but he didn't know Luigi would literally beg to kill his brother.
"Luigi, I love you, I really do. But I don't want anyone to die for our wedding, it just doesn't feel right, you have to understand this from my point of view too, I do understand yours but our wedding is meant to be happy, my husbands family member dying is just going to make me sad."

Luigi sighed, he understood Bowser but he still really wanted them dead, but he did want Bowser to be happy so he guessed he would have to make an exception this time.
"Fine, I understand Bowser, you can raise the cages and we can let them go, but if they bother me once more I won't be showing this much mercy, keep that in mind."

Bowser smiled gratefully over at Luigi, who still didn't look too happy about the call-off
"So can we invite them to our-"

"No."

"Aww.."
Bowser sighed, looking down at the ground, weirdly enough he did want to invite Peach and Mario to the wedding, it felt wrong not to with them being so close to Luigi, but he could understand that Luigi probably didn't want them there after all that had happened between them, so he decided to drop the idea.