The arrangement and rejection.

Bowser went to the kitchen to see what the sudden crash was and...it was Mario. All by himself for once, not with Luigi behind him, since well, he was here to get Luigi. "Give my brother back!" Mario exclaimed, grabbing a fire flower and holding it up as an attempt to try intimidate Bowser, but it didn't work. "Hmmm, how about this? I'll give your brother back, no worries, but there's a catch, you need to give me the princess in exchange for your brother." Mario was lost for words, he was shaking a bit because for once in his life, he truly didn't know what to do, he has always been seen as a hero who will always know what to do, but right know he doesn't know. "I-I...Uhm..." Mario was trying to think of a plan, he needed a plan. Luigi had followed Bowser still in the dress and wig, but without the mask, which means Bowser did know but still kept Luigi there, and alive? He thought Luigi would've been dead, or at least hurt by now.

Mario's POV

I don't know what to do, Bowser is smirking at me waiting for a response, and Luigi is looking at me confused and scared, not knowing what Bowser had said previously, so he didn't know what was going on at all, which in a way was good, I have to take Luigi back with me, he's my brother, I can't leave him here to rot but at the same time I'll be dooming a kingdom if I hand over the princess, which will effect thousands of lives. I sighed trying to keep my composure. "Fine Bowser, I'll be here tomorrow with the princess to do the exchange, don't hurt my brother for the rest of the time he's here."

No one's POV

Bowser was shocked, he actually didn't expect Mario to agree to hand over the princess, but here we are, he smirked at Mario, who was clearly regretful but staying on his decision. "Thank you Mario, you may be on your way for tonight." Mario sighed and left, leaving Luigi shocked and Bowser the happiest he's ever been, he's going to have the princess all to himself without Mario to stop him this time, it was perfect. Though, he did enjoy the time that Luigi was with him, and he was a bit sad over Luigi having to- no. He wasn't letting a small bit of attraction towards a stupid human he only properly talked to yesterday ruin everything he's been working up to for years, he finally has Peach, and he is not letting that stupid green plumber ruin it all. Luigi was sharing up at Bowser waiting for a bit of an explanation on what happened, though Luigi kind of knew he wouldn't get one any time soon, he thinks Mario is exchanging Peach for him which is why Bowser is so excited but he still can't be sure, it may be a totally different situation involving Peach that he doesn't yet know about, though it's probably the first  option as Mario and him have always been very close, and always have each other's back no matter the situation or risks, which was something he loved about him and his brother, they always came first to each other, though in everyone else's eyes Luigi was seen as the number 2 brother, he always knew Mario knew him as his number 1, his friend and most importantly his partner on adventures, even though Luigi didn't go on every adventure, it was either Mario went with Luigi or went alone, Luigi loved coming on adventures, but they were sometimes too harsh for him, he avoided the adventures that involved the Koopaling's as he did not like the thought of hurting children, and didn't take part in a few others too because he found it too scary, which Mario was always okay with and never complained about it, he tried to encourage Luigi to come, but if Luigi didn't want to he'd leave it at that and update Luigi on how it was going at every break and chance he got. Luigi really did love his brother, he did get jealous of all the attention Mario got sometimes, but a bit of jealousy here and there is normal, he still loved his brother and wouldn't let a bit of jealousy ever get in the way of that, Mario was amazing to him anyway and made sure to always mention him when the Toad's were giving only him praise, he always said something about Luigi helping and he couldn't of done it without him, which is what made it so Luigi couldn't stay jealous for long, he knew Mario would always be looking out for him, even if nobody else saw him the way Mario did.