Mirrorball

Taylor: "Over the course of a couple of days Ben spent his time quite alone. You know, basket, school, he was actually studying really hard because his dream College is Columbia, it's Ivy League!"

At this time he was comfortably sitting on the couch in his huge luxury home, his phone vibrates in his pocket as he finishes playing video games.
Recently he was chatting on Reddit with strangers who make bets on Rick and Morty

"Hey, can we stop posting lame upvote-thirsty memes to get back to discussing actual worthwhile Rick and Morty theories?"

Ben types frustrated while scrolling the reddit page

"That's the problem they become as unruly as the Council of Ricks!" a man writes him back pretty fast
"Hey are you from LA?"

"Born and raised LOL"

"LMAO same. Yo, i'm hitting up north end pizza in Burbank to whatch the game if you want to come through!"

"I'm there, dude. Let's get schwifty"

Taylor: "And that's how it went. Ben actually wanted to go to see the game and his new friend from the internet!"

Ben entered North End Pizza excited at the prospect of hanging with another teenage comedy fan.
"Areola Grande 007?" a grown up man exclaims, nearly jumping from the chair "Areola! Hey, it's me. The Real PickleRick69...from Reddit...you into the king aggregator"

Taylor: "Okay. That is not a teenager. Like at all.

"Uh...hi?" Ben greets him, wide eyed gaze, he actually didn't aspect a a sloppy man.

"Hey man" the older man offers his hand to shake "It's so great to meet ya" and chuckles "Oh my name is actually Rick. Sit down, get your slice on"

"Uh...yeah. I'm gonna withhold my name for a moment" the poor boy laughs nervously "Really thought you were gonna be younger. Your username has a 69 in it"

"Oh, well that's because i was born in 1969" Rick replies as if it was obvious

Taylor: "Oh well it does make sense"

"But i'm young at heart, fam. I watch mad cartoons, just like you" he continues "I wonder what else we have in common. Probably a lot"

"I gotta be honest" Ben interrupts him "this setup feels sort of sketchy to me, so i-i'm gonna go."

"Look, i get it" but the older guy stops him from getting out "I'm a 50 year old insurance adjuster from Tarzana, but i'm also a Rick and Morty fan and i don't have anyone to talk to about it. I joked about getting a Mr. Meeseks for the office, and my co-workers looked at me like i was a total jerry." he seems actually ashamed

"It's just be nice to talk to someone who gets me, but i understand if you want to go..."

But Ben found himself strangely moved, who was he to judge this guy, and Rick and Morty themselves have a huge age gap and they have so much fun.

"You know what, you're right." Ben affirms, sitting at the table again "I'm sorry it i was being rude, we're just two fans eating pizza and talking about cartoons" he smiles lightly before taking a slice of pizza "It's totally normal"