Quiet, lonely boy

Taylor: So...let's start. Ben's mom and dad had a very unique parenting style in that they did none of it. So, contrary to his loud, brash school persona, at home he was just another quiet, lonely kid.

Ben had no friends. He spent his time playing, trying to play basketball, video games, and chatting with strangers who write theories about Rick and Morty. He is a nerd, very much.

But something exciting was about to happen. In fact, his dad bought two tickets for the Clippers' game, fantastic isn't it!

Lorelai, as usual, sat near him and occasionally looked over Ben because he was stranger than usual, quieter, didn't always raise his hand to answer every question the teacher asked...but of course no one else noticed that, who really cares about Ben?

He returned to school the with a huge pulsing zit on his face that Trent mistook for a roach and slapped him.
Well, a good thing is he got a perfect score on his chemistry test, actually he didn't seem to mind it so much. Rory would pay to have his grades, fortunately she did good.

To add something else Ben received a not so happy message last minute

MESSAGES

Dad:
Hey buddy, i'm so sorry, i don't think i'm gonna make it tonight.
This Kanye deal is really complicated.

Oh don't mention it to me. Ben was surprisingly sad for someone who should have seen this coming. I get it's work but come on he really wanted to go to that game.

Anyway, he decided to see a doctor, Nalini Devi's mom, to check out that huge zit on his chin that unlike as he thought is not an ingrown hair since he has zero beard.
And he cried, Benjamin Gross sobbed in Nalini's office as she got rid of the unwelcome guest on his face, someone might think he was allergic to the shot...of course he wasn't.

Nothing seemed to lift Ben from his spirits.
In the end, the woman took pity on the lonely boy and invited him to dinner...ah it's been a long story.

Ben Gross may seem like a total douchebag, but in reality he is just a teenager like the others.

As he stands in his sworn enemy's kitchen awaiting the pity dinner to come, Ben's embarrassment had reached a fever pitch. Even worse there is also Lorelai Colombo there with him.

"How can you be so rude to that boy?" Nalini asks when her daughter immediately ran upstairs. Lorelai, Ben and Kamala form downstairs can literally hear everything, it's even more awkward.

"Umh because he sucks!" Devi replies, practically yelling "It's bad enough. I have see him every day at school. Now we're just letting him into our home?!"

Even Rory thinks Devi's being too much now, she actually feels bad for Ben who's standing there still with a sad puppy pout.

"So, Ben" Kamala starts trying to break the silence "what are your hobbies and interests?"
"Oh, well, i really am into-"

"That young man is a human being, and he's very sad." he is interrupted by Nalini "Do you know he cried in my office today? So many tears i had to wipe down the chair after he left."
"That's not my problem!"

"Oh my god..." Lorelai whispers to herself running a hand on her face
"We just had the vents cleaned. It's crazy how well the sound carries" Kamala explains, Ben offers her an understanding smile

"He's going through a hard time with his family" Devi's mom continues "and he had one of the nasties pimples i've ever seen in my career!"

Is Ben having family problems? Thinks Lorelai. She doesn't know anything about it, obviously how could she. They're probably more similar than they think.

Suddenly a loud noise startles those two guys "Oops! Dropped my pan." she chuckles awkwardly "I thought that would be loud for longer" at this point the three of them just wanted to bury themselves.

"You always complain you want your friends to come over more." those two just continue
"Ben Gross is not my friend!"
"Why not? He's nice, and smart, and he could never buy drugs because le looks like a narc. Can't you just be polite for just one evening?"
It's actually cute how Nalini thinks of Ben as the less threatening boy.

"At least she said "nice" and "smart"." Kamala tries again to cheer him up "Those are some of the best adjectives there are"
"She also called me a narc"
"You should be proud of that. The police won't work with anyone."

Lorelai gets closer to Ben, almost to let touch their shoulders, not actually knowing how to comfort him without stupid talk. Ben's eyes become round and the girl tries to give him a reassuring look which he gladly appreciated. The young boy, even after Rory looked away, continues to look at her, pupils dilated, was she being nice to him?

"I am sorry Rory i didn't know he was coming too" Devi finally comes downstairs shooting Ben a dirty look
"Cazzo, Devi that was way too much. We heard everything." Lorelai takes her friend aside
"What? Now you like him?" she scoffs furrowing her eyebrows
"I am just saying that it wasn't nice. I felt bad for him" Rory sighs closing her eyes
"You didn't deny it tho"

Taylor: "No Rory, you didn't"

autor's note
i actually though this chapter was gonna be shorter💀 so i will just spilt it in two. hope you enjoy it<3