Guess who's coming to dinner

Taylor: Hello dear readers! It's always Taylor here but let me tell you what happened in the last days. Devi joined Model UN with Ben, Fabiola came out as gay to her friends and well...it seemed like Ben and Devi got along. Actually Ben didn't get to take home the golden gavel and was sad about that, he also thought that he could end his rivalry with Devi, but turns out, she just wanted to nuke him.

Apart of that, our Lorelai is doing pretty good, except for...

"Why did you lie about that? You didn't have sex with Paxton Hall-Yoshida?" Rory asks her in disbelief crossing her legs on Devi's bed
"Technically i didn't lie. Y'all assumed i had sex with Paxton and i didn't correct you" she points out basically grasping at straws

"Devi, that's lying"
"I know now. Alright i lied to everyone, i'm a big virgin fraud" Devi frowns letting her head fall onto the pillow

Rory sighs "Did you told the others?"
"Yeah i did...o-okay I never saw you after school, you always ran away"
"No, Devi you were the one to run away. Come on you ate in the girls bathroom and wore those giant sweatshirt and sunglasses even during classes"

Devi shuts her eyes "That's true"
"Well, it doesn't matter maybe it's even better you didn't. But..." she trails off looking at her friend in her eyes "why did you lie to us in the first place?"
"Well to be fair, it did seem like it was gonna happen eventually. So i guess i was just really telling you a future truth"
"You're being sketchy"
"I know i am. I am sorry" Devi says admits exhausted "I guess the lie sounded better than my real life"

"Yep, they always do. I lied to Ben that i'm dating Ethan" says Lorelai lying on the bed next to the friend
"You lied to Ben? What he has to do with...those things"
"Uhm...he actually asked me"
"That guy is weird." Devi chuckles shaking her head "Anyway i just wanted you to know that i've really learned my lesson and i promise to be a better friend by now on."

"By the way i know it's not the right way to make it up to you but do you want to have dinner with us?" Devi offers Rory her hand in peace

"Of course, you know how much i love how your mom cooks" she takes it "And no more lies about your sex life"
"Yeah, definitely. No more of those" Devi smiles and is reciprocated by Lorelai's.

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

After a couple of hours Lorelai found herself in her room doing her homework, she actually wasn't really in the mood of doing it so she spent hours with open books but half of the time she was checking her phone.

After that she was finally getting ready to get out and successfully managed to get through the day without fighting with her mom. Yet.

"Going out again?" her mom asks Rory, peeping out from the door
"I'm actually going to Devi's, she invited me for dinner" Lorelai says looking for something to wear in her wardrobe

"Oh i get it" the older lady replies approaching her daughter "I just wish you spent more time at home."
"You're the one who talks..." she whispers
"Lorelai?" Penelope rises a eyebrow

"Mom that's true, you're always shopping or-or making dinners with your rich friends" Rory sighs not make eye contact with Penelope
"You should be grateful of what i give you everyday! Do you think everyone has the possibility to give their child what i can give you?" the woman rises her voice a bit "Look at me"

"Mom" she sounds already exhausted of this "i am not talking about money, i mean our relationship as mom-daughter" Rory shooks her head "Now i have to get ready. Can you get out, please?"
This is like the worst time to have this kind of conversation, before going out, better cutting it short.

"See...when you ask me why i snap at you 'all the time' you should first pay attention at how you replies to me."

Lorelai runs a hand on her face while her mom storms out of the room with a disappointed face.
The girl quickly put out herself together ignoring her nerves and her shaky hands. In the meantime she choose to wear a pretty white tank top with a light neckline and a pair of black jeans adding a leather jacket and a mini purse.
Rory glances to the ceiling, close her eyes, lets out three long breath and goes out of her room.

Taylor: "Oh Rory..."

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

"Rory! Finally!" As soon as she sees Devi's happy face her humor is so much better. It isn't hard to get over all of those fights, she was used to them.
"Hey" Rory greets her smilingly "i can already smell of your mom's food"
"Lorelai, honey!" Nalini arrives at the door with a kind smile on her face "Come in, dinner is almost ready"

Rory makes her way into the kitchen seeing Kamala, Devi's hot cousin, helping Nalini to cook "I like to put just on chili. Otherwise it kind of overpowers the taste" she explains while Devi rolls her eyes
"Hey, Kamala" Rory greets her "I hope you lowered the spice level of this dish"
"Lorelai! How are you?" the young woman offers her a smile putting a pot on the stove

Rory nods "I'm good, thank you" she wasn't so good, but definitely happier being here

"Everybody!" Nalini says "we have another special guest tonight."
From the front door they all see...Ben Gross? Hands in the jeans' pockets and an unusual long face, he looks like a beaten puppy.

"Oh hell no..." Devi scoffs
"Ben?" Lorelai says furrowing eyebrows
But he just stands there forcing a sad smile.

Taylor: "Wait wait wait, i think i should explain some things to you guys..."

author's note
hey everyone! i hope you're enjoying this story (english is not my first language so i wanna say sorry if there are errors) only if you want you can leave comments to let me know what you think<3