twenty-two.

< Phayu's Hotel Room >
The Next Day
Third Person's Point of View

Phayu's Hotel Room :

Phayu woke up in his sleep when he heard soft sobs coming from the left side of the bed. He saw Rain trying to hush down his cries, covering his mouth while wiping his tears.

Phayu slowly reached his hand to Rain's back and rubbed circles on it. He also released some calming pheromones to comfort the omega. But, why was his baby crying?

"Baby? Why are you crying? Is something wrong?" Phayu asked, worry evident in his voice.

"P– P'Phayu!" Rain cried even harder. The alpha caressed his back. "Oho, baby. Why is my baby crying hmm? Are you hurt? What happened?" Phayu asked.

"P'Phayu, I'm sorry.. Rain is sorry. I hurt you again, I hurt Phi again.." Phayu was confused, but still continued to comfort Rain. This time he's hugging the omega who's still crying.

"Baby? What do you mean? You already apologized for countless times yesterday.. we're okay, baby. We're okay." Phayu spoke, reassuring his omega.

Rain shook his head hard. "N– no, P'Phayu.. I have another mistake to confess.." He sobbed. "..I'm sorry, Phi.. I'm sorry I doubted you that day.. I should've– I should've waited for you to explain.. I should've listened before leaving."

Confused, Phayu asked, "Love, what do you mean? What is it about this time?"

"Four years ago, Sky and I went to your family's mansion to tell you something.. b– but when we got there, we heard you and your family talking. I heard you were happy.. your Pa was also happy because there will be a new addition to your family. A– and.. we thought that it's you and your omega's child.." Rain cried, cheeks now flushed.

Phayu was shocked once again because of the omega's confession. All this time, all these years, Rain thought he has an omega and a child already.. That he didn't waited for Rain to come back. "Shh, baby. Stop crying now, okay? It's okay. It's okay, baby. Phi is not mad, Phi will not leave you. I understand, baby. I really do.."

Rain was not convinced. He cried harder in the alpha's arms and hugged him tightly. Phayu once again melted as he sees his omega crying because of feeling guilty about his mistakes. Oh, how can he be angry at his good boy? "P'Phayu, I'm sorry.. Rain is sorry, please forgive me for doubting you.. I shouldn't have.. I should've—"

Phayu felt restraint leave his body. He gently held his omega's face. Phayu kissed Rain's lips to stop his rambling. Rain looked so flustered for a moment but decided to let himself melt in their kiss. Both of them missed this. Phayu deepened their kiss and slowly let go of the omega's lips to wipe his tears.

"Rain, listen to Phi, okay? First, I want to thank you for being strong. You were so strong baby, you talked to me even though it was hard for you. You answered my questions and shared your thoughts with me. Thank you for that, good boy.." Phayu paused to kiss Rain's forehead. "Second, yes, I will admit that I am hurt. But it's because I hurt you as well. I am not mad at you, Rain. Phi is mad at himself for letting you go and not chasing after you. I am hurt because all this time you were hurting because I wasn't able to explain my side and just let you be on your own.." The alpha explained as Rain gradually calmed down. "..Lastly, I understand you, Rain. I can imagine the pain and fear that you were going through when we broke up. And I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you when you needed me. I'm sorry, baby."

Rain cut him off. "N– no, Phi.. You didn't do anything wrong.. It was Ra—"

"Wait for me to finish, sweet boy." Phayu said, calmly. "And Rain, I think it's time for us to stop dwelling on the past. Let's stop hurting because of what happened in the past. I want us to move on and start anew. Which is why Rain.. I want to ask you a question.."

"..Are you seeing somebody right now?" Phayu asked, hoping to hear what he wants to hear.

"N– no, P'! I haven't dated anybody after y– you left.." Rain quickly replied.

Phayu nodded, satisfied. "Then, it's settled then. Let's fix us. Let's go on dates. Let's see each other again, baby. Let's start a new future for us."

Rain hugged his P'Phayu tightly before responding:

"Yes, P'Phayu. Let's do that. Let's start over again."