34: Sookie's wedding

"You're leaving, aren't you?"

--☆--☆--☆--

The St. James house was filled with chatter and laughter. As the wedding guests began filling Sookie's house the party officially began. Every room was filled with a member of the Stars Hollow community. Kirk, Babette, and Andrew, they were all there to support Sookie and Jackson. Hell, even Christopher was there.

It wasn't uncommon for everyone to show up like this when someone had a gathering. Not surprisingly the people of Stars Hollow loved a good party. Cassie was leaning against the door frame, grabbing a piece of food whenever it came near here.

She had arrived at the party with Sophie by her side, forty five minutes later Julia arrived. Now the two of them were outside in the yard while Cassie pretended like she didn't know they went out there to makeout. She didn't mind, not in the slightest, she loved the idea of two of her closest friends being together.

"Are you pouting?" Rory asked her as she approached Cassie.

"No," The younger twin replied as she took a small sandwich off of Rory's plate. "Just enjoying the food."

"Save some for me," Sophie said as she walked back through the front door, Julia a few steps behind her.

"Not a chance," Cassie laughed at the two girls as she ate more food off of Rory's plate.

Kirk walked into the room, hitting a knife against his glass. "A toast, everybody, a toast," Miss Patty got everyone's attention for him. Everyone eager to hear what kind of a toast Kirk would come up with.

"Ladies, gentlemen, honored guests," Kirk began as all eyes fell onto him, "Who owns the silver volvo, you're blocking me in."

"Aw," Sighs echoed across the room, yet no one was surprised.

"It's better than his last toast," Julia said with a quick shrug of her shoulders. Everyone in Stars Hollow knew that Kirk wasn't exactly remembered for his brilliant toasts. "Remember the Abromowitz wedding?"

"Not good," Lane agreed.

"I can't believe he even has a car to drive," Cassie added as they all watched Kirk walk frantically around the room.

"He seems more like a scooter man," Sophie observed.

"Definitely a scooter man," Rory laughed before looking over at her sister. "Think Dad will move the car."