29: special omelet

"I swear I can't take you anywhere."

--☆--☆--☆--

It was safe to say that the Gilmore women were back on track. The twins were doing well in school and Lorelai was still happy at work. The grandparents were as normal as they could be minus Richard's new investment in an old car that doesn't work. Everything in the world seemed to be going well.

Like right now, the three Gilmores were walking into the diner, eager for some breakfast. They walked in, seeing that the place was almost completely full.

"Hey there," Lorelai smiled when she saw Luke dropping some food at one of the tables. "Anywhere?"

"Anywhere you want," Luke answered not remembering Lorelai's minor tendency to-

"Could you move please?" She asked, looking at a man who was perfectly content eating his breakfast at his table.

"What?" The man looked up in confusion.

"Anywhere where there's not people," Luke reminded her as he guided her away from the table.

"Oh, well, like I'm a mind reader."

With an awkward smile on her face Cassie looked down at the confused man. "She was just joking," Cassie told him before quickly moving to the next empty table.

"Hmm, that's funny," Lorleai said as she looked around the diner.

"What?" Rory asked her, trying to figure out what her mom was looking for.

"Something's different here, something's changed," Lorelai told them.

Cassie shook her head, "Impossible."

"No, I swear, there's something..."Lorelai continued to look around the room.

"I'd be very disappointed if something in here changed," Rory admitted.

"Why are you so anti-change?"

"Because most change sucks," Rory shrugged her shoulders.

"Amen to that," Cassie sighed.

"Aha!" Lorelai smiled when she found it, "The chalkboard." The twins quickly turned their heads towards the chalkboard, both their eyes widening when they saw it. "Luke's special omelet That is brand new," Lorelai nodded her head.

"A new special," Rory gasped.

"No! His four-slice French toast has been there since we were born!" Cassie's eyes widened in horror as she looked at the board.