Part 2

Tring Tring

Tring Tring

" Hel...." Someone cut her before she could even complete the greetings.

" Hello ki bacchi , kha ho abhi tak? I'm sure tu abhi bhi office se nahi nikli hogi." Her mother shouted.( Where are you till now? I'm sure , you're still in the office)

" Maa, you'll turn me deaf." Khushi complaint.

" Agr tu 5 minute me office se nikal kr shopping nii gyi to, deaf nii pura ka pura hospitalized kar dungi." Garima threatened. (If you don't leave the office in 5 minutes, and go to shopping, i'll get you hospitalized, not just deaf.)

" Mom, what's the need, I can wear my usual clothes." Khushi reasoned.

" No. You don't have any clothes that can impress a man, so listen to me and just go shopping." Garima back answered .

Khushi thought it's not clothes rather her, people like her don't make any man look at her unblinkingly or they can never stop a party because they have entered in it, but explaining that to her mother is next to impossible so she just okayed the plan and went to shopping.

City center Mall

I don't understand what to buy, a saree would be too much , and Kurtis , I have them plenty in home. Uff. What's a big deal in meeting with a boy for a prospective marriage alliance? For last two years mom is pestering me to get married and I don't have any objection to that. Obviously my past experience have made me give up on love anyway, so I really don't have any problem with any man my Mum choose. But alas not one is getting finalized. Their issue, they want a homemaker not a working women as their wife. Huh, bullshit. They think I'll settle to so low? I know I don't want love marriage but that doesn't mean I have no standards. If they think I'll settle for some idiotic sexist fool then they should be ready to leave, I'm not interested. Anyways what big I'm asking, just for him to not be racist, sexist, homophobic, misogynist, and just be feminist. Is it too much to ask?

After my father died last year, the responsibility of my mother is on my shoulder, she's the only family left and taking care of her is my priority. If marriage means giving up on that then I'm not getting married ever.

I tried few dress but none to my liking, they were either too extravagant or just not like me. And then my eyes fell on a anarkali suit, which is according to my liking of simple yet they'll be okayed by my mother for being traditional.