Part 1

Knock knock

Knock knock

I knocked twice on the door. But she didn't respond.

" Bubbly?"

I sneaked slowly. There she was lying on the bed lazily and reading a novel. And here I was calling her. She was so engrossed in the novel that she didn't even hear me entering the room. So just like any sibling I snatched her book.

" Bhaiyaaaaa!!" She whined, coming out of her novel's world.

"What bhaiya? I was calling you for so long and you were engrossed in this stupid book." I hit her head slightly.

" Stupid mat bolo. It's my favourite book" she huffed. (Don't say stupid.)

" Ohh really?? And what's so special about this book? What's this called , "THE STUPIDITY WE CALL LOVE!!!"   Kitna ajeeb naam hai." I said. (What a weird title)

" Teenagers ko love stories pasand hoti h, samajh aata hai. Tu kyu ulti ganga baha rhi hai?" I ask. ( I understand teenagers like reading love stories, but why are you doing different than that?)

" It's not ulti ganga bhaiya. It's real. And i love this. Now give it back to me , please na?" She said.

" No, it's a vacation. But all you do is to read books or surf internet. You need to go out and explore the city. " I reprimanded. Bubbly is my cousin sister, after completing her intermediate she's in the town for vacation.

" Yeah so that we'll do tomorrow na, now give me the book!" She tried snatching the book.

" No. Right now you are going to kitchen. Anjali di is making cake, give her the company. Now go. " I pushed her slowly to the door.

" Tum bahut gande ho." She made faces. And so did I. Which brother is the good brother , anyway. It's our birthright to irritate our sisters. (You are very bad.)

I took the book with me in the room. After eating dinner and the cake baked by my sister's, we hit the bed . Bubbly was so tired that, she forgot about her book and slept right off.

But I wasn't sleepy at all, despite slogging off so hard in the office. So I just surf internet for a while, checked all my emails. But now what?

Yes, bubbly's book.  It might help me getting sleep. I opened the book, no acknowledgement, nothing, just preface and the story started. It felt weird, I checked the author and I guess it's a pen name called, Gaiety. So whatever, I started reading the novel and it's interesting. It felt too real to be fictional. The words were strong and too real that I felt I was actually in the plot.