|6|

ᴮᵃᵐᵇⁱ ᵃⁿᵈ ᴿᵒᵒˢᵗᵉʳ...

The front door knocked. "I got it Maria! Finish getting ready!" Kara exclaimed. Kara opened the door to see Bradley standing there. "Here for your date?" Kara asked, he nodded. "You two need to be official this back and forth, come on Bradshaw, grow a pair." Kara added. "Yeah, someone needs to give Colton that advice." Bradley said. "That I can agree with." Kara agreed. 

Kara moved over to allow Bradley to step inside. Kara saw Colton's truck pull in, "Speak of the devil, Trace, lover boy is here!" Kara exclaimed. "We aren't dating!" Natasha fired back. "Whatever." Kara mumbled. 

Bradley then froze when Maria stepped into the living room. "You okay?" Maria asked Bradley. "My mother's favorite color, it looks identical to one that she had." Bradley said, Maria smiled. "Besides my own, I adore your mom, so much." Maria said. 

Maria would admit growing up, when she couldn't talk to her mother about things, she would go to Carole, for that Carole held a special place in Maria's heart as did Goose. 

"Also your hair is down which took my damn breath away." Bradley said which made Maria chuckled. "Shall we go then?" Maria asked, Bradley took her hand and lead her out. Colton looked at the duo, "If you hurt Natasha, so help me...." Maria said sternly. "Yeah I know, but as for Bradshaw, I will kick your ass if you hurt her." Colton said. "I won't." Bradley answered.

"Have fun." Colton said and Maria smiled. Bradley lead her to his Bronco. Colton stepped foot in the house. "Have fun." Kara said. Before Kara could shut the front door, a hand stopped it. When she saw who it was. "Oh hi." Kara said to him. 

"Can we talk?" 

.................

Bradley and Maria ran out of the diner, giggling. "I can't believe you did that!" Maria exclaimed. "He touched your ass!' Bradley exclaimed. 'Doesn't mean you punch him!' Maria exclaimed. "Come on... you don't remember fifth grade?" Bradley said as they stopped in front of his bronco. Maria kicked the ground, "Yeah... and that douche deserve that." Maria said. "So does the one who touched your ass, yes, I would do it again." Bradley said.

"Punching doesn't solve anything." Maria said. "This is coming from someone who deck Hangman in the face, but I bet he won't do it again." Bradley said. Maria smiled. "Thanks for having my back." Maria said. "No problem because you always have mine." Bradley said. 

"Shall we go to our movie, without punching someone?" Maria questioned. "Yes, but...." Bradley said, Then he grabbed her hand. "This is happening the whole time." Bradley said. Maria got butterflies in her stomach, her heart at flutter. "Is that alright?" Bradley asked her. "Yeah, of course Bradshaw." Maria said with a smile.

..............

Bradley and Maria after their movie went to the cliff side and went stargazing. Maria was looking at the stars while Bradley looked at the woman. The woman who has been in his life since they were children. Bradley remembers back on a conversation both of their mothers had together when he and Maria was fifteen, a conversation that he knew he wasn't suppose to overhear, since then it has been stuck in his head.

Bradley sat at the top of the stairs. Carole looked at Lillian with a smile, "I think my Bradley likes your Maria." Carole said. Lily smiled. "I'm starting to see it, especially the aftermath that happen with that boy..." Lily said. "Oh yes, Bradley didn't like that jerk anyways." Carole admitted.

Lily chuckled. "Oh it was quite the understatement, Blain gave him the man to man talk afterwards." Lily said with a smile. "You two have been there for us since loosing Nick." Carole said as she softly grabbed Lily's hand. "The both of you have been there for us." Lily said. Carole then looked over at the photo of Maria and Bradley with their fathers.

"If my Bradley gets with your Maria., happiness all around, because those two are quite a pair if i'm being honest." Carole said. "He's perfect for my Maria." Lily said.

Bradley smiled before looking at stars with Maria. "I miss my mother so much." Maria admitted. "She was always wise, after I loss my mom, I had came to her with a questions and without a doubt she always gave the best advice. I am forever grateful to you but to your parents for being their for my mom and I." Bradley explained. Maria smiled. "Your dad had always had my dad's back, he couldn't abandon the both of you." Maria said as her as watered. 

"Loosing my mother was eye opening because... I had experience the same pain you and your mother went through... but the difference... you've had to grow up without your dad." Maria said as she then laid her head on his shoulder then he laid his head onto hers as they continued to watch the stars.

........................

Bradley pulled into her driveway. They looked at each other, "I want to do that again." Maria admitted. "I would too, tonight was so much fun." Bradley said. "Indeed it was." Maria answered. They sat in silence until the both of them looked over and saw Colton was still here, "I wonder how Colton and Natasha's date went?" Maria questioned. "Shall we find out?" Bradley questioned.

Maria and Bradley opened the front door to see Natasha and Colton, cuddling on the couch. "We're not dating... what the hell you call this?" Maria questioned. "Moose finally grew a pair?" Bradley questioned. "Has Rooster stop acting like a cock?" Colton questioned. "You two are like children, to answer the question we are seeing each other." Natasha answered. "Technically... dating." Maria replied. 

Before Natasha could answered, Bob walked into the room, we a lipstick mark on his cheek. "Robert, what the hell you doing here?" Maria questioned. Before he could answer. "He was here for me." Kara said. Maria and Bradley's eyes widened along with Natasha. "Wait wait... you two? How?" Colton questioned. "Well we met a year ago and well tonight, we kinda spilled the feelings." Kara said. "That would explain the amount of giggles Callie heard tonight." Natasha said.

Maria chuckled. "Bob... didn't know you had it in you... Hangman is going to go marbles over this, but listen closely Robert, if you hurt my best friend.... so help me, your life will turn into a living nightmare... am I making myself clear?" Maria questioned. "Clear as day." Robert responded. She smiled. "But to be honest, I have nothing to worry about, if was Hangman, it would be a different story here." Maria answered.