|2|

ᴹᵃᵛᵉʳⁱᶜᵏ...

She stared at the photo at her mother, then sighed. "Your up early?" She looked up to see Phoenix along with Halo and Thumper. "Oh... I got things on my mind." Bambi said. Thumper saw the photo and sighed. "Bagman got under your skin... didn't he?" Phoenix asked as she saw the photo.

"Yeah... I would give anything to have my mother here." Bambi said. "Your mom was one of the greatest, I looked up to her." Halo said as she held onto Bambi's hands. Bambi smiled. "Hangman is just trying to get under your skin, don't let that prick do so." Thumper said and Bambi nodded.

.........

"Attention on Deck!" A woman yells as all the pilots stood as Admirals made their way in.

"Morning... welcome to your special training detachment be seated." Admiral Bates said as everyone did so.

"I'm Admiral Bates... you're all Top Gun Graduates... the elite... the best of the best.... that was yesterday. The enemy's new fifth generation fighter has leveled the playing field.... Details a few but you can be sure we no longer possess the technological advantage success more then ever comes down to the man or woman in the box." Bates said.

Hangman looked back at Phoenix. Phoenix sneaky gave him the finger. 

"Half of you will make the cut, one of you will be name mission leader, the other half will remain in reserve." Bates said. Hangman looked back Rooster, Bambi rose a brow. Thumper sneakily flicked him off, Moose shook his head at the woman.

"You instructor is a Top Gun graduate, with real world experience in every mission aspect you will be expected to master..." Thumper looked back, "Shit..." She mumbled. "Who is it, is it Scoob? They seriously didn't get Scoob to teach us." Moose whispered. When he saw, "Damn... this is going to be a roller coaster of emotions." Moose mumbled

"... His exploits are legendary and he's consider to be one of the finest pilots this program has ever produced..." "This is just fucking great." Bambi mumbled. "...What he has to teach you may very well mean the difference between life and death. I give you Captain Pete Mitchell, Call sign Maverick." Bates finished before Maverick took his place. Bambi looked over to see Rooster's jaw clenching. She grabbed his hand gave him assuring squeeze before looking forward as she continued hold onto it. He looked over at the Perez woman, "Thanks." Rooster whisper, she smiled slightly.

"Good morning." He started off and everyone nodded. "The F-18 na contains everything they want you to know about your aircraft, I'm assuming you know the book inside and out." Maverick asked.

"Now come on, Maverick, we wouldn't be here if we didn't know that book beginning to the end because we would be royalty screwed." Thumper said as she rose a brow at Maverick.

"Damn right."

"Yeah."

Maverick tossed the book in the bin. Everyone had confused but shock looks on their faces.

"So does your enemy..." Maverick said. "And we're off." Hondo said.

"but what the enemy doesn't know is your limits. I intend to find those limits and push beyond them. So today, we will start with what you think you know." He dismissed the group to grab their gear and head to their respective planes.

.........

Rooster watch Maverick make his way to Bambi, He sighed. 

"Maria..." She looked behind her and she shrugged. "Now don't act like you didn't see me." Maverick said. "Bambi." He called out. Thumper and Moose looked over. "Lieutenant Perez!" Maverick exclaimed. She stopped and grumbled. "Yes Captain, how can I make your humble service?" Bambi asked, sarcastically.