-A Night of Literary Intoxications-

The prominent beats of the club Derek had chosen overtook the whole area as Eleanor stepped out of the cab, pushing down her silky skirt that she's paired with a tight top that in the right light would've exposed more that she's planned to

The prominent beats of the club Derek had chosen overtook the whole area as Eleanor stepped out of the cab, pushing down her silky skirt that she's paired with a tight top that in the right light would've exposed more that she's planned to. The entire cab ride felt much too unexpectedly short, as her skirt, nervousness building up just as fast. The idea of tensing over a night out used to be unheard of, yet the picture would be more sensible if it presented the agonizing feelings of the last few hours between the latest case and the night in question. Sure, the thought of not being alone with him for the whole night had brought her to the entry of the bar, but, so far, that feeling still felt overpowering. Why did she say yes to this? Why did he say yes? He never goes out, never in places like this. He'd much rather enjoy a night tucked in with a good book whose words he knows by heart or a foreign movie in a language he can fluently speak, though in a dodgy accent. Or both at once. This scene is so unlike him. This feeling is so unlike her.

Stepping into the dim lit club she struggled to find the rest until someone raised her hand at her from a table across the bar. She beamed at the sight of Emily and Penelope chatting with drinks already in their hands, giggling as she sat across from them at the table. "I can't tell if I'm early or late," she confessed, leaning on the table to get ahold of any sound that might come out from the girls' mouths.

"I think you're just in time. They've actually just started putting on some good music," Penelope admitted, always making her feel welcomed. "Morgan and Reid are at the bar, ordering shots. Well, not Reid. He wouldn't know what to order! You know what I mean." She stood up, adjusting her dress before she stepped away from the table. "I should go and tell them to order one more." Watching Penelope blend into the crowd, she's managed to find the rest when she reached the bar to find Derek whispering something to Spencer while they were waiting for their drinks. Garcia promptly joined their conversation, her name inevitably being brought up as signaled by the sudden turn of heads from both of them, Derek quick to raise her hand to salute her. Spencer, however, restrained himself to only showcasing a smile, the little gesture being reciprocated as an act of politeness. The sudden attention made Eleanor regret she hasn't focused hers on Emily instead.

Watching the timid change of looks from afar, Emily decided on taking matters into her own hands, switching her place at the table to the one closer to Eleanor. "Any plans for tonight?" she smirked, Emily's voice regaining her attention.

"Don't think so, why?" Eleanor turned to her, leaning into her shoulder. She noticed her eyes sparkling in excitement, Emily's lips curling up even more into a devilish grin that seemed to hold onto more than she was willing to let out.

"Well... Morgan's already pretty drunk so we're in for a ride," she explained, narrowing her eyes as her fingers curled up in a c-form to illustrate his level of intoxication. Moving her eyes to the side, she slightly bended her head to point at Derek who was struggling to carry two glasses, Penelope having to intervene and get the rest as well when approaching the table. After she effortlessly laid a cocktail and four shots of a concoction Eleanor didn't even care for on the table, Derek was quick to get a move on one of them, clinking the tiny glass with everyone's, including Sober Spencer's Virgin Vodka Apple Juice, also known as plain apple juice, then swallowed the bitter liquid in one gulp, confidently placing the empty glass back on the table.