-Unforeseen Encounters-

Based on season 2, episode 23 - "No way out, Part II: The Evilution of Frank".

Everything Eleanor did on her free time was only for the sake of keeping her mind distracted, caged from running around in the darkest corners of her mind that she avoided stepping into so desperately

Everything Eleanor did on her free time was only for the sake of keeping her mind distracted, caged from running around in the darkest corners of her mind that she avoided stepping into so desperately. Therefore, when she wasn't attending multiple support group meetings, she enjoyed her friends' company, hanging out together all the time when they were home. Sometimes, she'd even go to New York to visit her family while her sister was on college break, though she never stayed long, all those catching up talks slowly shifting into a mountains of complaints and nasty words that her younger adoptive sister, Valerie, would drop at any chance she'd find.

This time, she was supposed to hang out with Luke, the only one of her friend group that was still in the city, although, so far, she was stuck on entirely something else. It was a little past dinner time when she received a text from none other than Miss Penelope Garcia, asking out of the blue if she could come over, so she had to make sure that all her notes, evidence folders and case files were put away and her house was decent-looking for her guest to arrive. Knowing Penelope and her loving character, this was probably a check-up that Eleanor had to prepare for in her mind, though she appreciated the gesture.

Penelope knew she could've approached this situation better by asking her if she wants to meet in a coffee shop instead, for example, or at least ask for her address rather than taking it straight from her file. Stepping into Eleanor's apartment building felt like stepping into a five star-hotel lobby. They even had an usher and a reception with marble floors and brand new elevators. Ringing on the doorbell of one of the many doors on the eighth floor, she heard footsteps nearing the entrance followed by a warm smile that Penelope was still unused to. She wasn't a profiler and she was worse at reading profilers, especially the ones she's just started working with.

Her apartment was dark, pitch-black-cave-like-thank God for the dim ambient lights-dark. God, why did Eleanor live like a vampire that's about to sparkle in the sun? It was quite the opposite from her sunny, yellowy-pastel pink, heavily decorated apartment she had. Eleanor's, however, from the little details she could see, looked like a rented apartment rather than a home. She had no decorations, nothing personal to touch up and all the books in the bookcase looked the same, covered in mostly dark-colored leather, hard to differentiate from one another from the distance. Penelope held tighter so she wouldn't drop to the pink tulips bouquet and the heavy basket filled with cookies and a bottle of wine in the pool of darkness that seemed to swallow her whole.

"Please, have a sit," she pointed out, accompanying her to the imposing blue sofa in the middle of the living room. "Can I get you something to drink? I can make you a coffee or some tea. Or perhaps something stronger?" She then returned to the kitchen, checking her bar cabinet. "I've got whisky, some gin, tequila... Oh, and some beer. There must be some beer left in the fridge."