Chapter 6 - The Winterblade

- Chapter VI -

The Winterblade

Continuing from Chapter 5...

Previously, events took a dark turn as the story unfolded. The King Henry and Ser Bracken fell into an enemy ambush and were captured by knights bearing the White-heart emblem. Similarly, Astrielle and Merlia were taken prisoner by other knights within the Harbor Forest. The Kingdom of White Foglands now finds itself in a sorry state, facing adversity and uncertainty. Meanwhile, Prince Steffon is left feeling isolated, shattered by a mix of emotions—grief, vengefulness, and remorse—for the unfolding tragedy and the burden of guilt that now weighs heavily on his shoulders. The situation is dire, and the fate of the kingdom and its people remains uncertain.

What happened precisely?..

This event takes us back to the time when King William and Astrielle conspired and strategized their plot to kidnap the Prince.

Astrielle entered the Kingdom of Frostheart, unaware that Ser Bracken was stealthily tailing him. In order to move undetected, Ser Bracken devised a plan. He took down one of the Frostheart guards and donned the guard's cloak to disguise himself as an enemy. This way, he could enter the castle without raising suspicion and closely observe Astrielle's intentions.

Shortly after, he stealthily entered the castle and discreetly followed Astrielle, who was in search of the King. Ser Bracken played it cool, ensuring he remained unnoticed and concealed. As he eavesdropped on their conversations, he gained valuable insights into their plans and intentions.

Having overheard crucial information, Ser Bracken left the castle, trying to maintain a sense of urgency without raising suspicions. He felt a mix of nervousness and concern as he listened to Astrielle divulging the Prince's whereabouts and the significance he held. Ser Bracken swiftly made his way out of the castle and mounted his horse, determined to inform the King about the unfolding situation. However, little did he know what awaited him...

Ser Bracken was unfamiliar with Astrielle's true intentions and regarded him as a traitor due to catching him trailing Prince Steffon and Merlia from the start. However, Astrielle was well aware of Ser Bracken's true identity...