Chapter Five

I stared at my choice of outfit in my bathroom mirror. A tight, black slinky dress with a thigh slit and cut-out ring detail I'd invested in. It was bought on a whim; in case I was to ever entertain a possible future boyfriend with a sexy dance. It was eye-catching, intricate, and revealing. Now it served the purpose of making Jaxon regret ever laying eyes on me.

11.55 am, and I was dressed as though I was ready for my dancing audition at the local strip joint.

I applied another lashing of glossy lipstick and ran my fingers through my pink hair.

"I can do this." I smiled wickedly at my reflection. I'd make him regret ever laying eyes on me.

Game on, Jaxon.

I turned, wheeling my suitcase, locking up, and making my way downstairs. I'd caught the sight of Jaxon the minute I stepped out of my apartment complex. He was dressed to impress, looking dapper in dark jeans, brown leather boots, and a pristine white shirt, rolled up at the elbows. Waiting just outside the entrance, leaning against a black stretch limo.

"You're wearing that?" Jaxon's eyes devoured me the second he saw me.

I studied his watchful gaze. "Do you have a problem with what I'm wearing?" I steadied my case at the side of him and turned, giving him a view of all that was me.

"Admit it, you want to touch this sweet ass?" I taunted before gesturing to my case. "Be a good boyfriend and put that in the trunk." I tossed my hair back and took a seat in the back of the limo.

Pretty sure I heard a throaty growl. My rapid heartbeat palpitations threatened to reveal me as a fraudster bitch. I wasn't mean. But I knew the role I'd chosen to play. His mother would beg him to get rid of me in no time.

He put my case away. "You look stunning." He announced, joining me in the limo, too close for comfort, flashing me his mega white smile.

Damn it! So, he's attracted to revealing dresses? Time to move on to the next tactic.

"You should see me in the morning. Before I've had my morning coffee, I've been told I look frightening."

"I can't imagine you looking anything less than perfect." He interjected. Seriously, another compliment? What is wrong with this guy? I kicked off my heels and swung my legs up and over him.

His hands hovered over my bare legs, unsure of what to do.

"What?" I asked, staring at him. "We have just over an hour's journey to the airport. I'm just making myself comfy."

On that note, he massaged my feet.

I rolled my eyes. "Jesus Christ! That's good."

Damn it!

"I like your toe ring. It's cute."

I resorted to relaxing since nothing had put him off me.

"You have a foot fetish?" I questioned, weirded out while watching him turn and play with the thin gold band on my middle toe. His hands were soft and warm.

"No. Just simply admiring my girlfriend."

"Urgh." I kicked my legs away, moving closer to the door and taking to looking out the window.

Just as well, I'd packed sweatpants and hoodies to change into. "I see what you're doing." He said softly.

I didn't look at him, but I listened intently.

"If you think dressing provocatively will make me change my mind about taking you to Miami, think again. You're only teasing my cock."

I was? I shot him a look, then looked down, trying to see for myself.