Chapter Four

The adrenaline from the fight was finally wearing off and so was my buzz.

I stopped short in dismay. "I hate you." I clarified, before turning my key and stepping into my apartment. I'd called him all the names under the sun the whole car journey to my apartment. He was neither phased nor insulted by my outburst.

"I gave you the choice to come back to my suite." he stepped around me and walked into my apartment with no shame. "And you don't know me, to hate me." He added smugly.

I had point-blank refused to go back to the hotel with Jaxon. There was no way I would've got up to the Dahlia suite unnoticed. The place was swarming with cameras and not to mention the night staff and Jonathan. Instead, going against my better judgment, I had nowhere else to take him apart from my apartment. He'd instructed his driver to wait for him.

So, that at least told me he wasn't planning on hanging around.

I watched him, grudgingly allowing my personal space to be invaded by his masculine energy.

"I don't plan on knowing you at all. This is just some sick joke to get into my panties." I muttered uneasily.

I rushed in front of him, swiping up underwear, socks, and other telltale signs of living alone.

I tossed them into the basket I kept in my kitchen. When I stepped out, he was gone from sight.

I found him snooping around in my bedroom, holding up my pink vibrator.

"Do you mind!" I dashed for it. Only he held it up higher. My five-six frame had nothing on him — he was over six feet.

"No, I don't." he looked at it amusingly. "This gets you off?" he questioned.

Mortified, I reached up, tippy-toeing, still unable to grab the damn thing off him.

"Well, I'm single. So, I rely on other means of getting myself off." I muttered, my cheeks burning with heat.

I jumped again to capture it, nearly stumbling. Only he caught me around my waist, my breasts pressing against his chest, my body curled perfectly into the curve of his body.

Tossing the vibrator on my bed, he gazed down, making no attempts at hiding the fact he was staring at my boobs pushing up against my corset. "You won't be needing that again." he assured, finding my gaze.

My heart danced with excitement. "Oh, yeah? You got something else that I could use?"

He leaned closer, his warm lips brushed against my ear, sending pleasurable shockwaves throughout my body. "You know I do. It's pressing against you as we speak."

Instinctively, I stepped back and snatched the vibrator, putting it into the wooden chest I kept under my bed with all my other sex toys.

"You need to go." I'd had enough of being angry one minute, turned on the next.

He stalked out of my room, unfazed he'd made me flustered. "Scared you might like it?" He tossed out.

Was I just blessed with bad luck, or was I being punished for a past life, now paying my karmic debt off in this lifetime? I had to wonder.

"Look at you!" I followed him into my living room. "You could get any girl you want. Why me? Why do you want me?" I was a housekeeper, for God's sake. He stated that himself.

I kicked off my heels and grabbed my navy cotton shorts that were still lying on the floor. I yanked them up, and shimmied my skirt down over them, not giving him the satisfaction of seeing me naked or trusting him enough to leave him alone.