Chapter 14

When I awoke the next day, the first thing I noticed was that it was very warm and the bed was huge, much bigger than my bed at home. The layers of blankets and the duvet, along with my fluffy nightsuit, meant I was almost roasting. But I didn't sleep that much last night. The jetlag mixed with the fact I was in a new place meant my brain was on high alert most of the night. Not only that but the smell of the new furniture made the room even less homely. Now I know why there was a plug-in.
I yawned as I checked my phone, which said 9 am. It also meant Zoe would be up. I sent her a message and updated her on what had happened. I told her about the house and all of my half brothers. We had been talking for half an hour when she had to leave for dinner.
At that moment, there was a knock on the door as I heard someone speak.
"Violette, are you up?"
I hopped out of my bed as Vinny fell on the floor. As I picked him up, there was another knock on the door.
"Just a minute." I quickly made the bed before putting Vinny on top of the thick blankets.
Running to the door, I carefully hid myself behind it as I opened it, not wanting a repeat of last nights embarrassment.
"Good morning." My voice was still croaky from sleep. It was Alexandre at the door immaculately dressed in a full three piece suit with his hair pruned.
"Did you sleep well?" It felt like he was scrutinising my onesie and bed hair as he just stared at me.
"Yes, thank you,"
"Well, the boxes arrived yesterday evening as Lyon informed you."
I nodded in affirmation.
"Good, so Claude, Papa, and I have to deal with something urgent that has just come up at work, so Lyon and Louis will help you move your boxes. Also, your breakfast is ready downstairs, "
I cried internally as the memories of last night came back.
I waved goodbye to Alexandre as he walked off before he stopped. I was a bit confused, to say the least, when he then turned around. He opened his mouth to say something when he stopped again before finally speaking.
"Be sure to listen to your brothers and don't go out without us."
I nodded, and he disappeared down the stairs.
Going back into my room, I made my bed neater this time and placed Vinny on the nightstand before getting changed into a pair of jeans and an oversized jumper. I then brushed my teeth and plaited my thick hair before going down.
Alexandre, Claude, and Papa had already gone, leaving Lyon and Louis at the table.
"Hi," I managed to squeak out as I sat down. Louis just ignored me, and Lyon smiled.
"Hi Bear." I felt my cheeks go red, Couldn't he just forget that.
"Bear?" Louis asked obviously, not understanding.
"Yeah, you should have seen it yesterday, I already told everyone else," a devilish smirk appeared on Lyon's face, I thought he was a nice one.
"Violette was wearing a bear onesie last night and even had the hood up. It even had ears and a tail"
"Seriously!" I heard a snigger that followed.
That's it! Everyone knew now. I couldn't stay here. I covered my face with my hands to hide the redness.
I was slowly brought out of my thoughts  as a sweet smell filled my senses as someone placed a plate in front of me. I muttered a thank you to the maid as I looked at my breakfast.
It consisted of a crossaint, fruit, and yoghurt. I took a small bite of the flaky pastry, and my earlier bashfulness melted away.
"So here's the plan for today." Lyon spoke up as I ate my breakfast. "After you've eaten, Louis, the maid, and I will help move the boxes near the entrance and then help you unpack. After that we have been instructed to give you a tour."

"What! I didn't agree to that" the voice of opposition in the form of one miffed younger brother spoke.
"Dad's orders, you've gotta help,"
There was a faint muttering under his breath that followed.
"It's okay, Louis doesn't need to." He clearly didn't want to, and from the look last night was probably because he didn't like me.
"Fine, but I'm only helping to move the boxes, I'm not giving you a tour," To my surprise, he actually agreed to help.
I hastily finished my breakfast and the four of us started to move the boxes.

We had collectively moved ten of the fifteen boxes without much of a fuss. I spoke to Lyon most of the time about the house. The lady who answered the door last night was called Diana, and she was the head maid. Apparently, she has been here longer than Alexandre has been alive. The maid helping us move the boxes was called Megan. She is nice but pretty quiet. The chauffer was called Johnny, and he is married to Diana, so that's nice.  There were also a few other people around the house, including some bodyguards, but I would be introduced to them when Vin- I mean, Papa comes back.

The moving of the boxes had been going smoothly until I got to a stubborn box. I checked inside and realised it was a box of just books. I struggled to move the thing. At that moment, Louis came down the stairs. He looked exasperated and rolled his eyes.
"Need some help?"
I didn't want to bother him as he really did look fed up.
"I'm good, thanks." I then tried a different approach as I tried to slide the box when I heard steps getting closer and the box was picked up effortlessly.
"Ah- um- thank you." I just received a nonchalant grunt in response.
I then trailed after him with the last box.
We then got to work unpacking them. Lyon helped to unpack my Teddy bears, placing them on the bookshelf and sidetables. Louis helped to unpack my books, and I started to work on my clothes. Megan had also dismissed herself to help make lunch.
"Now I see where the bear obsession comes from." I watched Lyon smile to himself, not the bears again. I needed to change the topic quickly.

"So- uh- what's school like?" I asked genuinely, curious.
"Well, you'll be going to the same school that all of us have gone to. It's a private place about 10 minutes from here. Louis and I are currently there as well. But it's pretty rich, only the kids of famous parents go there. You'll also have to wear a uniform."
That's okay. I was used to wearing uniforms.
Lyon also told me about how classes and assessments were run. It was definitely very different to back home.
"When would I start?" Ideally, I'd like a bit of time to settle in before I'm thrown back into the school routine.
"Papa hasn't told me, but I'm guessing after the winter break. We have one week left of the semester, and then we are off until January, so you'll probably go then."
I nodded along.
I finished unpacking my clothes and moved onto the next box containing the photo albums. I sat next to the bed as Lyon watched over my shoulder.
"What are they?"
"My baby pictures, wanna see?"
Lyon was quiet before smiling.
"Sure!"
I showed him some pictures of me as a baby and some of my mom.
"Do you remember my mom?"
"Vaguely, but I was only young when she left Papa."
What?
"Left, what do you mean?"
Mom never left him. He kicked her out.
"She left Papa. She said she didn't want to be with him any longer and just left." 
"Mom never left your dad. He kicked her out!" I then covered my mouth, realising that I had raised my voice, and I had let slip something private.
That was when I heard Louis angry voice for the first time in the corner.
"Bullshit! Your mom left our dad. He was so heartbroken he never even remarried after that bimbo. "
I saw red at that point as I stood up and confronted Louis.
"He left her homeless after taking her money, and she never got over it, and don't call my mom a bimbo!" I raised my voice, ready for an argument with Louis, I was furious.
"DAD WOULD NEVER DO THAT!" Louis raised his voice louder this time, and I flinched.
Luckily, Louis stepped in.
"That's enough, both of you!"
"BUT!-"
"STOP!"
Louis fell silent, his rampage swiftly halted by Lyon.
"Obviously, everyone here has different versions of what happened that day, but none of us know for certain unless Papa tells us. Therefore, take this up, calmly, with him. Louis, you now either calm down and continue to help or go cool down elsewhere. "
Louis chose the latter as he stormed off, slamming the door behind him, not accepting Lyon's advice.
"Sorry Vio, I'll be back in a min." Lyon then went running off after his petulent brother.

I was speechless at the accusations Louis had been throwing around. My mom had never outright said that she missed Vincent, but there was always a change in her face when she mentioned him. The same look was also on her face when she looked at my baby pictures.
I sat down again as I put the albums back in the box. But the bed didn't have a gap big enough underneath for me to put the box there. I continued to wrack my head around Louis words as I looked for a spot for the box.
I opened the wardrobe as I remembered there was a gap at the top. I took the chair and placed it near the wardrobe before picking up the box and carefully standing on the chair. Daintily, I slid the box in as dust fell on my face, and I sneezed before rubbing my nose. It was dusty as heck up there. I pushed the box further into the corner of the wardrobe when it was blocked by something up there.
I put my hand in the gap to get whatever it was. I sure hope it wasn't a spider or something sinister.
My hand grasphed a paper bag as I pulled it out.
My curiosity piqued as I looked at the bag. Carefully, I opened it and pulled out what was inside. But I was confused, to say the least. It was a baby grow, and it was very cute but covered in a layer of dust. I could just make out the print. It had small teddy bears in different outfits and positions. Some were holding flowers, and some had little nightcaps on. I guessed it must have been one of the boys as a pang of sadness filled my chest again. I put the grow back in the bag to give back to Vincent later on.