Chapter 11

The following morning, I was awoken early by Zoe.
After Vincent left me alone the previous night, I continued to pack until around 10.30 pm. when I had finally finished packing everything I needed to.
I didn't see Vincent for the rest of the night. He just sat in his car, alone with his thoughts.
He and Claude then left for the night after I locked it up and went back with Zoe. The two of them apparently were going to a hotel nearby. I did ask Claude if they wanted to stay. I could have stayed in my parents' or Callum's room. Claude could have had my room, and Vincent could have used the spare room in my house. But Claude declined on behalf of them both.
I was a bit relieved he did, to be honest. I didn't want to face Vincent for a while, especially after what he said. I know I shouldn't think too deeply into what he said, but I couldn't help it.

Claude arrived a little after breakfast with a removal van for the boxes. But there was no Vincent in sight. I packed all of my belongings in Callum's room into my rucksack and gave it to Claude to put at the back of the car
"You leave the moving of the boxes to me and go enjoy your day, Munchie." He gave me a bright smile as he waved me off.
Zoe, Becky, Joe and I decided to go to the Christmas market in the city. It was about a 40-minute drive away, so we had plenty of time to have a great day out before I had to leave.
We looked around the market at all the little stalls full of little items.
Becky brought warm churros for all of us to share, and Zoe brought cooked chestnuts. We were sitting on a bench finishing our snacks when Zoe and Becky ran off somewhere signalling for Joe and I to stay seated. We were a bit confused, to say the least. But they returned 10 minutes later with more bags than they had left with.
We then went to the bookshop for a little while so I could read a new book on the plane journey. I chose a hardback copy of 80 Days Around The World. I thought it was ironic. I paid for the book using my pocket money before we left. 
We ended up returning before it had become fully dark, and Zoe had bolted out of the car with the bag she had acquired whilst I had been on the bench. She then disappeared into her room.
Claude then came over,
"Right everything's packed up, and the plane is due to leave in less than two hours." I knew that the airport was an hour away, which meant we needed to leave soon.
I nodded to Claude as I went into my house. I looked around to see if there was anything I was missing. All the rooms were still fully furnished. The books belonging to my dad were all still in the bookshelf, save from a few that I had taken with me.
I had taken all of the picture frames from the middle room. I even took my tea cups from the kitchen.
I went up to my room, everything had been taken. The only things remaining were the bigger pieces of furniture like the table and bed.
Going back into my parents' room, I did one last check to see if there's anything I missed. I packed the photo albums anyway, I knew at least Claude would love to see them. I also took my mom's jewellery and some paintings she had helped me make.
Turning off all the lights upstairs, I went down to check that I hadn't missed any shoes or coats.
As I opened the cellar door, I noticed the massive bag of wrapped presents that my mom had prepared in advance. She wasn't sure when the trip would finish and if she had enough time to go to Christmas shopping, so she did it all beforehand. I looked at the presents and sorted them out into piles and put them in bags again. I left my mom and dad's here. There was also a present with no name, I don't know why but I took that present with me.
I turned off the lights downstairs as I walked out of the house with the present bags. Locking the door behind me, knowing that I wouldn't enter it again for a long time as I wiped away a rogue tear.
I then ran over to Becky and Joe and handed them the keys.
"Also, my mom brought these in advance, so Merry Christmas." I handed them the bag of presents. "There are presents for everyone here."
Becky laughed on disbelief as she shouted up the stairs.
"Zoe, are you done yet?"
"Yep, I'm coming now." Zoe came running down the stairs with the same bag she had been carrying all day. Zoe then came over to me.
"Merry Christmas, Lotte." I smiled and gave everyone a massive hug.