Chapter 7

We walked out of the café and in the opposite direction to the car park. I clutched my bag tightly, and I could feel that my hands and jaw were shaking. My eyes also began to sting. Why me?
We arrived at a secluded car park of the nearby park. I was terrified now. After the last event, they would be even more vigilant to make sure I didn't escape. I also knew the car park and no one came here as it was so far away. Two other men got out of the only car with black tinted windows, and one of them spoke. 

"I can't believe you two idiots couldn't even kidnap a mousey teen without fucking it up"
This time they had zip ties and tape as they approached me. I tried to step back when the one behind spoke.
"Now now princess, would you rather we tie your arms up or shoot them?"
I started to cry at that statement, I couldn't hold it, I was too scared at this point. Slowly I raised my fists to my face to wipe away my tears. Would they kill me?
"Fuckkk someone make her stop"
"STOP!" the one with the gun aimed at my head again as I stopped out of fear.
Hiccupping slightly I spoke in a shaky voice. "Who...who are you?"
"Let's just say, daddy has a lot of enemies, enemies who want daddies little princess to bargain with her"
That was when they all heard the screeching of car tyres
"What the fuck?"
And then the one with the gun was shot in the arm with a silent bullet. I screamed unsure of what to do. Then the other two pulled out guns and began to shoot louder bullets that made my ears ring. Looking around my captors were preoccupied with the other car as they also fired bullets. Determined not to be caught by a stray bullet I looked for an exit and spotted a clearing as I bolted for it. I then heard more shouts of pain and then just as I thought I would get away I felt something pull me back around my waist.
"NO LET ME GO!" I began to cry again as I struggled to get out the person's grip. I was so close, why couldn't someone help me?

But I then felt someone turn me as my feet followed unconsciously and I was hugged. 

Hugged? I then felt a hand rub circles on my back. Whoever it was didn't seem violent, in fact it seemed as if he was trying to comfort me. The shouting stopped and the guns were no longer firing. I raised my hands to clear my vision and I spoke quietly. 

"What-Who-" I had so many questions that they were all trying to come out at once. 

"I know it's scary, but take a deep breath and then ask."
Whoever it was, he was also American. Slowly, I looked up at the giant. He had black hair and was definitely wearing a suit, but this one actually looked like Vincent but younger, like the old photos she saw of him on the Internet
"C-Claude?"
"Hi, not the ideal first meeting." But I was still wary.
"How do I know... how do I know your Claude?"

I carefully watched as he pulled out his phone and tapped it a few times before he brought up a a photo, it was of him and Vincent
"Is this okay?"
I nodded slowly as we walked to the car. Oddly, I felt more relaxed even though I've never met Claude before. I tried to back at where I had just run from, but Claude blocked my view.
"Don't worry about it, munchkin, let's just get you in the car,"

Munchkin?

In the fiasco, the car had been turned abound and was facing away from the crime scene?
"Dad still really wants to meet you,"

"But -" I tried to protest.

"I know what you want to say, We'll meet dad, and then you'll go straight back home. We aren't going to kidnap you,"
I got onto the backseat of the car and did up my seat belt as Claude sat next to me. There were two men up front. Violette turned to look at Claude.
"Don't worry, Munchkin, they are our bodyguards." I nodded slowly. It made sense that they must have been the ones with the guns.
The car set off.
"I'm going to take you to meet Father now, is that okay?"
I nodded, still in shock but I took the opportunity to analyse Claude more, at first glance it looked as if I shared no traits with him but one thing that made me feel at ease was his curly hair, it was like mine. It was a silly trait to pick up on, but it was reassuring we shared some looks. He must have noticed me staring as he turned and smiled. It was a wide teethy grin but calming all the same. 

"We'll meet dad and then get some food. You've done well, Violette. "
Claude raised a hand to mine and gave it a soft squeeze. I also smiled a bit. He got my name right. 

As we drove, Claude still hadn't let go of my hand.
"You look just like Delia,"
The statement caught me off guard as I turned my head to face him. My eyes silently asking him to continue.
"Delia first came to the house when I was atound your age, and she was so kind. She was like a second mother to me. When I found out she had you for the first time a few weeks ago, I was so happy, but I was also upset because I'd never known about you previously and that Delia had died. "
I paused as I took the information in, lulled into a sense of security by his words and his warmth as he stroked the back of my hand with his thumb.
"Did he really never tell you about me?"
Claude's hand stilled
"No."
Then I heard him mutter something under his breath as he turned to face the window, but still not relinquishing my hand.
"I'll never forgive him,"
I heard Claude's statement, but I decided not to push it. I was glad, however, that there was someone on my side.