Chapter 13

The door was opened from the inside by an older lady in a pair of formal trousers and a shirt. 

She smiled and addressed Vincent.
"Welcome back, Mr Gauthier. How was your trip?" I'm assuming she must have been the maid. 

"Fine, thank you," He replied with no tone or emotion in his voice.
"Are the boys still up?"

"Yes, I'll go get them," 

The maid then went scurrying off as I looked around the house. The house was cream and white on the inside with wooden floors. On the left was a sitting area with two large sofas and a TV above the fireplace. On the right was the dining area with a huge polished wooden table and matching chairs. In front of us was an overly elaborate staircase with a black polished bannister. 

"It's even bigger if you go into the sitting and dining area." Claude leaned over to tell me. 

That was when I saw two people descend the stairs. They looked older than me, but not by much, so I guessed they were Louis and Lyon. Both sets of eyes landed straight onto me as I resisted the urge to shrink behind the closest person. One was wearing a casual outfit consisting of a hoodie and sweatpants. He also had a pair of headphones around his neck and looked a little dishevelled as his blonde hair was everywhere. There were darker patches in his hair like he had dyed it, and his eyes were brown but lighter than mine. He was eyeing me up darkly. Please don't say he is one of those older siblings who likes to pick on the younger one. That's what siblings liked to do right, I was so done for.  

The other one was much neater. He had combed his black hair and was wearing a pair of jeans and a graphic t-shirt. He also had brown eyes and a pair of dark rimmed glasses. He looked much nicer than the other one and slightly older, too, so he must be Lyon, and the scary one must be Louis. 

The maid then came back down the stairs. 

"Alexandre will be down in 15 minutes. He just has one document to finish," the maid clarified before going into the dining room. 

Vincent then led the conversation. 

"Your brother will be a while, so I'll introduce you now. Boys, meet your sister Violetta" Vincent put a hand on my shoulder before pointing to the boy with the headphones "Violetta that's your youngest brother Louis" He then moved to the boy with the glasses "And he's your second youngest brother Lyon" 

I smiled and shyly said hi, but there was no response from either of them. 

Wow, tough crowd. 

Louis just continued to glare at me. I was getting a little annoyed at his animosity. There was no reason for it. 

Lyon just stepped forward and offered me a hand to shake, and I took it. 

"Est-ce je peux partir maintenant Papa?" (Can I leave now, dad?) Louis spoke 

"Dis bonjour a Violetta d'abord" (Say hello to Violetta first). Whatever Vincent said had caused Louis to roll his eyes. 

He then just came up to me and said hi, and I waved to him. But pretty soon, he just stormed off upstairs, not bothering to ask Vincent first. 

I watched him disappear. He was going to be a tough cookie to win around. At the same time, someone else came down the stairs. 

He was wearing a full smart suit and tie without a jacket and had black combed hair and green eyes like Vincent. I'm guessing he is Alexandre. He got to the bottom of the stairs and came straight up to me. 

"Violette?" He asked me. 

I nodded

"It's good to see you..." He seemed lost for words. 

I offered my hand for him to shake, and he took it almost immediately for a firm shake before letting go.

"You must be tired." He was calm and showed no negative emotions, unlike his youngest brother. 

"A little." To be honest, the jet lag had caught up to me in the car, but I didn't want to say it. 

I decided that it would be a good idea to retire for the night. I said goodnight to Vincent, Alexandre, and Lyon as Claude offered to show me my room. We went up the stairs and faced a wide corridor with ten doors as well as another set of stairs leading to the second floor. Claude walked me to a room that was the second to last door.

He opened the door, and I went in. It was a beautiful room. The carpets were fluffy and beige, and the walls were a light pink colour. There was a massive built-in white wardrobe on one wall. There was also a bookcase, a table to study on, and a vanity table with a mirror.
There was a huge window that also functioned as a set of double doors that opened into a balcony. There was a white net over the window. Next to the window was my bed. It was a huge double bed with white bedding and several pink throws and pillows.
There was another door that Claude opened.
"Here's your bathroom. What do you think about your room?"
"It's a beautiful room." it was a bit too pink for my taste, but whoever designed it clearly put a lot of thought into it, and I was grateful for that. "I bet it gets a lot of sun during the summer through those windows." I pointed to them.
"Yeah, actually, this room was always the nursery. All the siblings stayed in this room at some point.
"Apart from me," I mumbled under my breath quietly.
"What's that?" I stall quickly thinking of something to say.
"When was the room decorated? I'm guessing if it was a nursery, there wasn't always the massive pink bed, " I laughed, probably sounding unconvincing.
"Uh...about a week ago. Pops was insistent to get it done before we left for Paris."
I nodded again.

There was a problem with the room, however. There was a smell irritating my nose. I quickly sneeze.
"You okay?"
"Yeah, what's that smell?"
"A plug-in, do you want me to remove it?
"Yeah, please," I sneezed again as Claude unplugged a small white plug-in from the wall.
"So, do you have any clothes to change into and your toothbrush?"
"Check." I tapped the shoulder strap of my rucksack. 
"Oh yeah, pass me your phone for a min." I unlocked my phone and handed it to Claude as he pressed some buttons. Before getting something from his pocket and changing the sim in my phone. He then handed it back to me.
"You should be able to use the internet and make phone calls now,"
I had completely forgotten about that.
"Thank you." I'd be able to contact Zoe now.
"No worries. Night then, Munchie,"
When claude left, I changed into my nighsuit, which was an oversized brown fluffy bear onesie that even had a hood with ears. It was very cute, but in hindsight, it was probably the wrong nightsuit to wear, but it was too late now. I could juet sleep in my jeans and jumper, but that would just be uncomfortable.
I took care of my business in the bathroom before checking my phone. I had received a message from Zoe, but I would respond to it later.
I then unpacked Vinny and placed him on the pillow on my bed. I then quickly had a look in all of the drawers and hidden spaces in the room just to be nosey. Seeing nothing of interest, I pulled back the nets on the doors and quietly opened them. I was greeted by a cold gust of wind in my face and hands as I quickly pulled up my hood to help hide my face.
The view was on Los Angeles in the distance. It was a beautiful view. I could also see the garden. It was absolutely huge with trees everywhere, i definitely looked forward to exploring there. I just stared out of the window until I yawned deeply and decided to go to bed.
I closed the doors and nets before pulling the curtains shut as I heard a knock on the door.
"Come in,"
That was when Lyon opened the door. His eyes widened, and he turned red. I was confused, but then i remembered. I was in the onsie. I even had the hood up. I really hoped at that moment the ground would open up and swallow me whole, or I instantly learned how to make myself invisible. The embarrassment, I'll never forget this for as long as I live.
"I was told to let you know that your things have arrived, but you can get them tomorrow. Night then. " He swiftly closed the door behind him. But from the look on his face, he was more embarrassed than me.
Mercifully, he didn't mention the elephant - or bear in the room.
I should have just slept in my jeans, though.