Chapter 16

Troy's Pov: I take my helmet off and kiss Emma on the forehead. How could this monster be so heartless as to tear Emma's spirit from her? How dare he. A fire burns inside me, as bright and as harsh as the flames in the underworld. I stand up and put my helmet back on, when I see that the monster has been drastically weakened. Emma weakened him but now it's up to me to finish the job. Grabbing Emma's power disc, I say,"Guys give me your power discs." Jake chucks me his and Gia's and Noah throws me his. All 5 discs in hand, I raise my morpher and shout, "power discs, combine!" And I am left with a large contraption in my hands. Aiming it at the monster, I cry,"This one's for Emma! Power Rangers, Final strike!" The force of the blast sends me and the device flying and the destruction of the monster seems to have started a chain reaction as some of the wooden crates topple and catch fire. The fire starts to spread and as Jake and Noah start to run out of the structure, with Gia in tow, (Jake must have helped her out of the ropes) I gently lift Emma in my arms. Smoke starts to billow. Flames rising, I stand up. Through the smoke and the flames, I carry her in my arms. Running from my fears, my nightmares. I can't lose her. Not now, not ever. I couldn't bear to live a life without her. Any doubt that I ever held beforehand vanished and as the fog that has clouded my mind clears, I realise now that Emma is the one. The only girl I will ever love.

~

We take Emma back to the command room. She is starting to grow feverish and my heart is pounding out of my chest. We get her into one of the infirmary beds and begin to treat her. Her fever eventually dies down and the others leave. I look at her, the colour has returned to her face and she is beginning to look more like herself again. I place my hands on her face, wishing, just wishing that she will suddenly open her eyes and smile at me again. I would give anything for her to wake up so I could see that sparkle in her eyes. My heart sank as I thought 'what if she doesn't wake up?' I know I would never be able to take it and would live the rest of my life as a ghost. The ghost of a being that used to live. A being who used to have a life of meaning. Who used to be the kind of person with a wondrous purpose. That purpose being to love.