Chapter 13

Emma's Pov: I am in the forest, taking pictures under a blossom tree. I just love the idea of being able to capture the world in one single moment. A moment where everything seems to stand still and the world is so peaceful. I bring my camera up to my eye and focus on two entwined roses. Snap. I smile to myself. My phone beeps. Gia just texted me saying, 'the guys and I are at Ernie's, why don't you come?' I reply with a simple 'okay' and head off to Ernie's. When I get there, they are all gathered around the table so I go and join them. Troy smiles at me and I sit next to him.
A short while later, we are leaving the froyo place, Gia and Jake leave swiftly and Noah leaves too after a while, leaving me with Troy. He looks at me and says,"Emma, I really need to talk to you," he leads me round the corner and turns to say," when you asked me if Hailey and I were in a fight, I lied. She actually broke up with me. It's given me some time to think and I've realised that..." Suddenly there's a beeping noise coming from his pocket. His worried eyes turned from me to his morpher.
"Troy! The monster is terrorising the city! Head to the parking structure." "We're on it." We take off running. I am filled with dread. Something tells me this fight may be one of the hardest fights we've ever had to face. I looked at Troy, hoping that he'd be okay.