Chapter 2

Troy's Pov: I went to the forest with my girlfriend. It was supposed to be a relaxing yet magical affair. But something was missing. I just couldn't quite grasp what it was. "The sunset is so pretty tonight, don't you think?" Hailey said, distracting me from my thoughts when she leaned in to kiss me. "Yeah," I replied, putting my arm around her. We stayed there for a while, watching the sun go down until she said that she should go so her parents wouldn't get too worried. So I got a taxi and went home, where I fell into a deep sleep.
I woke with a start, as my alarm clock screamed at me. It was 5.00am. I got up and got dressed, made myself breakfast and walked out of the house. I kept walking until I got to this park. I've come here so many times in the past few weeks, I don't know why, I guess it's just filled with memories. I used to come here when I was a kid. It was where I first met Emma. Under a willow tree. I wandered around the park until I found it. There was a pretty, dark haired girl peacefully sleeping beneath it. She looked familiar. I walked closer and knelt down next to her. It was Emma. She looked so cold. I shook her awake. "Emma!" I said.
She looked up at me. Her eyes were so enchanting. "Troy?! What are you doing here?" She asked.
"I just came to this park and I found you here. You look cold. Here have my jacket."
"Thank you."
I draped my jacket around her and moved closer towards her. We looked at each other and for a brief moment, I felt something. A connection that I hadn't felt in years. But there's no escaping the fact that she'll never be mine. I thought I'd lost her all those years ago, when she moved house and we stopped hanging out together but ever since we started going to high school together and being part of the power rangers, there's a fire inside me, a rekindled flame and I realised, I might be falling for her all over again.