"I've missed you, Sarge."

Pip was spiraling out of control. Throwing all of her clothes out of her closet and the little dresser by her bed out of their resting spots. She had to find something perfect for him. Something not too formal but not too casual.

"Oh fuck me..." Pip whispered to herself driving her fist back and forth into her forehead. Finally she settled on a grey sweater she'd got from her college's orientation, a black skirt that stopped mid thigh, black knee-high socks and a pair of white Air Force 1's.

Then she started on her makeup. A little foundation there, a bit of concealer here, set that with powder. Not too cakey. "Mascaraaaa....lipglossss..." Pip dragged out her words as she applied each cosmetic to its respective place on her face.

Pip was in the middle of curling her hair when she heard the familiar chime of her phone.

Ravi

"Almost there, what was the name of the park again?"

Pip sent a hurried reply as she tried to get on good terms with these goddamned curls. She brushed the curls out and finally spritzed herself in perfume. Ravi's favorite perfume. The one she wore when she missed him. Well, on this occasion when she was about to see him again after quite some time and after breaking his heart into a million pieces. Pip shivered at the thought and pushed it away.

"Ok...I think I'm done?" Pip analyzed herself in the mirror. "Yeah? Yeah."
She started to walk away but then backtracked, looking in the mirror once more. "You got this Pippa."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pip waited for a good 5 minutes or so before Ravi arrived. And for a moment she thought he'd changed his mind and headed back home, but she came back to her senses and thought that out to be ridiculous.

A familiar car pulled into the parking lot. A familiar man made his way out of the of the familiar car. Oh fuck, Pip thought, this was all too real now. This was really happening. Her palms were sweat heavy.

When she was brought face to face with the man she once called her boyfriend she wanted to run up to him. Kiss him. Apologize a million times and then tenfold for what she'd done to him.

As if he read her mind, she was suddenly wrapped in his warm grasp. Trapped in his intoxicating scent that hadn't changed and it was just as beautiful and comforting as she remembered.

After awhile to process, she wrapped her arms around him with the same intensity and love and longing as he did.

He reluctantly pulled away slightly, as if daring to never let go of her again, to down look at Pip.

"I've missed you, Sarge."

"So have I..."