The Enemy

Two days later Percy was sitting in his favorite spot of the office. His wing was sore but fully healed and improving by the hour.

Chaos had summoned an extra chair for Luke to sit in as the three talked. It was now one in the morning. They had gone through the whole week. Every battle and what took place and were finally talking about the last.

"I swear this guy was possessed." Luke said.

"We both sensed something shift after the battle started. It was like the army was given extra power but it felt evil..." 

"Yeah, and the leaders eyes changed colors from a hazel to a mix of red and black before we started fighting again." 

Chaos looked up from his thoughts.

"What did you say?" His mind was instantly filled with memories.

Luke and Percy looked at each other confused before Luke continued. "Yeah, his eyes became a swirling mix of deep red and black. It was really weird."

Chaos instantly paled. 

Percy observed the way he was acting and grew concerned. 

"Chaos do you know who it is? What's wrong?" 

"What did he want?" Chaos demanded quickly. His tone harsher than the boys were used to. "Did he say anything?" 

"Woah, Chaos, calm down." Percy said softly, the worry only building on the inside. 

Chaos sighed and leaned back in the chair, looking like he aged 100 years in a second. His face remained pale and filled with distress.

"I'm sorry. If this presence is of the entity I think it might be..." he couldn't finish the sentence as more memories of a war plagued his mind. 

Luke spoke up. "He wanted to know, and I quote, 'who the new son of chaos was.'"

If possible Chaos paled even more. He got up from his chair and started pacing in front of the fireplace. 

"Chaos, what is happening? You need to fill us in." Percy said.

A sigh escaped the creator's lips. "I need to confirm it's him before we engage; but, I used to have a brother." 

"What!?" Both boys said at once and shock.

"There was a war between us early in the making of the universes. He wanted to rule them instead of letting them rule themselves. We argued about it for millennia. Until one day... he took over multiple planets and it led to their destruction.... I didn't want a war. He was my brother and I thought I could talk sense into him. There had to be a balance of good and evil. I tried to stay out of it as long as I could. His powers are the opposite of mine. Where I create, he destroys. He still creates but in a sense that leads to the end of things, not the beginning. We would work together to come up with ideas for the planets we made and I would start life and he would set up the way it would end. But it didn't last...." 

Chaos looked pained as he told the story. 

Percy spoke up, "so what happened?"

"I had to make a decision. I sent him to the void. He took the lives of so many, I don't know how I survived."

Percy and Luke paled. They were taught about the void during their time with Chaos. 

A place outside of time and space. A place of pain. A place where your soul remains isolated for all eternity until released or you fade from existence. 

"His name is Order. And if he had managed to escape from that place then we have a fight on our hands that we may not win." 

Percy and Luke leaned back in their chairs in thought as Chaos kept pacing, lost in his own thoughts.

Percy suddenly paled.

Luke noticed. "Perce what's wrong?"

Chaos instantly focused on them.

Percy met Chaos' gaze. 

"He recognized me.... h-he knew who I was." His breathing quickened.

Luke looked at him puzzled. Chaos was instantly by his side. "Percy what do you mean?" Concern growing for the safety of his son. 

"He said that this was a surprise. How does - " He stopped short. Fear shown in his eyes. "He did it." He continued. "He- He is the one who influenced the Olympians."

Chaos paled again. Luke stayed quite, thinking about what this meant.

"Why would he influence Zeus to get rid of you?" Luke questioned.

Chaos was the one who answered. "Earth was the first planet we made together. It holds a special place in my heart and he knows it. He wanted to attract my attention by causing a war between the gods. My guess is Percy here just happened to be an unfortunate pawn in causing the division among them... if he knows you then he will use that against us, against me." 

"If he knows that I am now your son... if he somehow knows about my flaw... he is going to go after more than just the gods Chaos..."

Luke paled fully understanding what Percy was talking about. 

Percy was about to have a panic attack right then and there as he started thinking of his friends at camp.... Annabeth was there, they were all put in danger again. He needed to stop this. No. He had to stop this. He couldn't bare to lose someone else because of who he was...

"-cy! Percy you need to breathe!" Luke was in front of him shaking his shoulder.

Percy's eyes refocused as he took in the air he didn't realize was missing. 

Breathing hard to catch his breath he shoved past Luke as he stood up and went to the window. His hands were shaking the slightest bit as he placed them along the edge, breathing in the fresh air the wind provided, before letting loose the anger building inside with a fierce yell as he punched the marble wall, cracks spreading from the point of contact. 

Chaos and Luke didn't dare say anything. They knew when to keep quiet when it came to Percy getting mad. His aura would fill the space around him. His anger radiated and Luke could speak from experience, you did not want to be on the receiving end of that rage.

And just as suddenly as it came, it was gone. 

Percy turned around and walked back to the two. "I'm sorry, I-" 

He didn't get to finish whatever he was about to say as Chaos wrapped him in a fierce hug, Luke following suit.

Chaos spoke softly but firmly, "Percy, we won't let him. I'm going to warn the gods to start training the demigods in our way of combat. And we are going to start training even harder."

Percy nodded and pulled away. They spoke a little more about some plans before heading off to bed.

As Percy walked down the halls, his eyes began to glow. 

He wasn't going to let Order take his home. He wasn't going to let him take any other planets. And he definitely wasn't going to allow him to hurt anyone from his family. Both of them.

 He wasn't just Percy Jackson anymore. No, he was now the Prince of the Stars. 

He was the Son of Chaos. 

Order might be just as powerful as Chaos but so was Percy... He was going to show Order just who he was messing with.