Chapter 63

~ A few weeks later ~

Diesel's POV:

This school is hella annoying: ever since I got back from the hospital it's been nothing but press conferences asking me what happened to my face, any who I disappeared for a while.

Louis hasn't been around all that much. He's been working on his Beastar title and the school play.

I was at rehearsal currently. I stood in the spotlight watching everyone and anyone. My mafia are looking for the killer of Tem. I've had multiple meeting calls with the gang and I've decided; they all need closure and revenge. I can provide that.

I had my suspicions on who it could be. And my main ones are:

- bill
- Tao
And my least favourite suspect but I feel suspicious of him legoshi.

Something about that wolf makes me feel insecure and uncomfortable. I've told Axel to keep an eye out.

"Hey big guy!" I looked around for a voice my ears swivelled at the sound. "Down here!" I looked down, it was the school's press manager, a vole.

"Hey mate!" I said looking down at him.

"Hey Diesel, spare a moment for the school newspaper?"

"I... I'm..." I started but before I could finished he whipped out a tiny notepad and pen and began to fire questions at me.

"Regarding your disappearance and what-not, coming back covered in scars and cuts, could you explain what happened? This will be a big big hit!" He said pressing his pen to the paper ready to write.

"That information is none of your, or anyone else's concern. The matter is that I'm alive and practically unharmed." I spoke calmly, I was already being tested with my patience. I turned away from him and began to walk away when he blurted something out:

"Although... I heard you got shot. Hardly... unharmed wouldn't you say?" He said with a smug look.

My breathe hitched in my throat. How the hell did he know that? I took a deep breathe to refresh myself before I spoke.

"You'd better keep your whiskers out of something that's not your concern. You know... there's still a killer on the lose." I said looking down at him. "Surely that case and investigation is more worth your time than bothering me, but then again..." I began as I turned and lowered myself to his height, down on all fours, my snout practically on the floor as I gazed at him at the end of my snout: "you probably get the rush of excitement talking to a carnivore almost a thousand times your size that's highly dangerous if provoked. I can hear your heart pounding against your rib cage, just the sight of my fangs causes your heart beat and cholesterol levels to rise. Scared? No, your not scared, your TERRIFIED. Run run little vole, your mind is telling you. But your refusing at all costs; your to invested with my personal life to leave. You know, a little birdy told me you almost got eaten last semester by a carnivore cause you had pushed him too far. He got expelled didn't she? Would be a shame if that had to happen again. I suggest you walk out that strange wing and out that door before you don't leave here at all. That's not a threat; that's a warning."

I looked at him. My calm but furious gaze made his pupils dilate and him to take a step back bringing his arm up to protect himself as a natural barrier between him and me; his mouth fell open, speechless.

I smirked and got up.

"Now excuse me, I have a rehearsal to get back to." I said as I walked over to the stage and got my props.

I had been given another semi speech that wasn't scripted, Louis thought it would be a good idea apparently, I took it obviously to give my boyfriend a break from the radiant heat that beats down from the spotlight. With a fully packed auditorium, the heat would be intense.