Bonnie and Clyde

YUQI

Some lyrics changed

—-

Dazai POV

In the past two years, I have never really thought much about the boy that I left behind. I never let myself think of it because I knew that if I did I would be stuck as I was now, comparing the man before me to the partner that I left behind. 

Kunikida and Chuuya shared the same anger, loud and persistent, but while Chibi's was something of a front that he had built overtime that became an intergeral part of himself, Kunikida's was genuine. Whenever that anger would get a hold of them, Chuuya almost never laid a hand on me, and if he tried to the move was always either light enough not do real damage, or something that he knew I could dodge. There have only been a few times where he was truly trying to hurt me and even I would admit that I deserved a few of those. But violence seemed to be the blond's default setting when it came to me, and while I knew I could probably avoid most of them, I hadn't when we first met and know the dynamic was set.

But what it always comes down to in my mind is that Chuuya knows me the best.

The amount of time that I have spent with the two of them aside, it's not a question that Chuuya knows me better than anyone else. He can tell the plays that I'm trying to make and can see through the facades that I've put up as if reading a book. He knew me better when we were still just teens wandering around and stumbling through a world that we didn't understand and had no true right being in at that age. He remembers the things that I have said and there is a level a trust there that has survived even years apart from one another. 

Kunikida and I just didn't have that.

He was the last to know about my history with the Port Mafia because I didn't know how his ideals would allow him to react to the situation if there weren't pressing matter already at hand. I know that during the incident with Shinuwasa that Atsushi was the only one in the Agency that truly thought that I could be in some kind of danger instead of turncoat like Kunikida had most likely believed. And I know that will never tell him exactly who I was, what I was, in the mafia because I know that he wouldn't be able to take it. If he knew the things that I have done, he would never be able to see me as anything more than my past.

That level of trust just isn't there.

His ideals would never truly allow it to be.

In the moments that I have dropped my mask around the other man, I can always tell that to I am nothing more than a stranger then wearing his partner's skin, something dangerous that he doesn't know how to handle.

—-

3rd person/ switching POV

The four watched throughout the day as Dazai seemed to tolerate his partner's yelling and nagging less than he normally would. Though he didn't seem to be angry nor in a sour mood with the other man, to them it was almost like he was trying to suppress a part of himself that he wasn't allowed to show. The few times that he did respond to the blond man, he did so in his normal joking manner that they had all missed over the past two or so weeks, but Ranpo and even Atsushi at times could tell that he was trying to keep the bite out of his words. 

When it came time for lunch, Yosano chose to stay back once more as she was expecting today to be another form of love song as the previous day had been and she knew that the others would probably have no interest in the detective's love life, not that she really did either but Yosano at least knew that she would listen to the whole song all of the way through and not block it out like Atsushi or the President might if they got uncomfortable.