New Boots

author's note- Hi! Welcome to part four. Thank you again for reading. I just thought I'd say the currency again. One coin = two US dollars. Enjoy part four, New Boots

Deku's POV-

       As soon as I open my eyes, I see a man three inches away from my face.

       "Oh, good, you're awake. I thought you were dead." The man huffs, walks away, and sits next to a small trickle of water, letting it run through his dirty fingers. 

       "Where am I.. And who are you?" I want to interrogate him, but at the same time, I'm to hungover to sit up. "For starters, you ran into me!" He scoffs, "And I carried you all the way here, you weighed a ton, fat ass." I look at him, confused. "Thank you?.."

       "You better be grateful." He points a stick in my face. "Because of you, I didn't get to where I was heading." I sigh "Sorry 'bout that.. Where were you going?" He rolls his eyes, dropping his stick and crossing his arms, "Psh, I'm not telling you." The man plops onto the ground, taking a bun out of my satchel and eating it. "Hey! Tha-"

       He glares at me, "I saved you! So I'll eat your food if I want to, you nerd." I stare at him, shocked at the lack of manners and respect. "If you wanna know what happened, I saw you walking. I tried to ask you why in hell you were walking so funny, but you fell right into me!" He scoffs, "So I carried you over here. You looked drunk." I nod, "I did drink a lot yesterday."

      With a light smile, trying to lighten the mood, "Thank you then, Sir." He turns to face me, "Before you say another damn word, I am NOT a Sir." The bulky guy in front of me stayed silent for a bit. "So.. What's your name?"

      He looks at me like I'm his worst enemy, "And why should I tell you, nerd?" My eye twitches in annoyance. "For starters," I begin, trying my best not to sound aggravated, "I'm Izuku Midoryia." I hold out my hand. The man ignores it. "What? You think just because you say your name means I'm obligated to say mine?" He looks away. What is wrong with him?!

       "Well, I'll just make up my own name for you." I think for a moment. "How about Kacchan?" He looks at me like I'm stupid, "That name is almost as dumb as you." I sit there, trying my best to get along with this guy. "I guess it's Kacchan then." I grin a little.

       After a few minutes of observing him while he sits quietly, here's what I picked up. His- or wait, Kacchan's finger nails are bitten down and incredibly dirty. He isn't wearing a shirt, which shows off his six pack. Which makes a big scar on his stomach shown. But it's not random- It's carefully placed. Stitches, or possibly a fight? Around his neck is a frayed thin rope, with what looks like animal teeth and arrowheads around it. Colored, most likely painted with berries and flowers, which compliments his blonde spiky hair and red eyes. Kacchan wears these old baggy leather pants. Around his ankles is white animal fur, looks like... a foxes? Who knows. And his poor feet. They look like he's never put on shoes. They're covered in dried blood and cuts, blisters, and as dirty as they can get. He must've been out here a long time. I haven't gotten to see him stand for long, but he looks about.. six foot one? Maybe six foot two.

       "Sir- I mean, Kacchan?" He looks at me like I'm the most annoying person he'll ever meet "Wait- stop talking." I sit there, trying not to let my eye twitch again. "I know your name- Deku."

       I raise an eyebrow, "What does that mean?" He smiles cockily, "Good for nothing." I sigh, muttering sarcastically, "Wow, thanks. I loveee it." 

       Awkward silence finally hits "Uhm... Kacchan? I'll be going now, thanks for-" 

       "Shut the hell up nerd." He stands, then grabs my wrist and jerks me up. "Ah! What the hell!" I huff. "You're coming with me, Deku" He starts walking, his hands behind his head. "I don't even know where we are, or where you're going!" I blurt out. Who does this guy think he is?! 

       He looks back at me, "Just follow me, damn, do you ever shut up?" He walks, his bare feet crunching the leaves beneath them. 

       After a couple hours of walking in silence I see a tiny cabin with a sign that reads 'shop'. Perfect! I needed something important. "Hey, Kacchan?" I look at him, smiling a little. "I'm going to grab a couple things, do you need something?" He grunts "Of course I need stuff, nerd." He shoves past me into the small shop. He really is full of himself. Got a pretty big ego for someone with no shoes.

       We walk in and start looking around. I grab a few things, like some fruit and bread, cheeses, a blanket and a dagger. Just in case. I pick up one more thing before heading to the counter. I look at the old little lady, "Hello young man." She grins, her hands shaky. "Will this be all for you today, dear?" 

       "Yes ma'a-" Kacchan shoves things on the counter. "And this." I look up at him, "But, Kacchan?" He scoffs "You're paying, nerd." He crosses his arms. I guess this is the least I could do for him after last night. 

       The old lady looks at us, "That'll be nine coins, sweetie." I nod, unbuttoning my satchel. I start counting coins and- "Ma'am... I hate to say this, but I only have eight-" She waves her hand "That's okay darling, eight is fine." She slowly takes my coins, one by one, and we leave the little shop.

       I hurry out and catch up to Kacchan, I look up at him, crossing my arms. "You're welcome." He just rolls his eyes at me. So much for being grateful "Give me my shit, nerd." He grabs his stuff from my arms.

       "Well, what'd you get?" He says nothing. Of course.

       "Kacchan- I got you something." I look at him, trying to lighten the mood. He watches me kneel down, annoyed. "Yeah? And what's that."

       I stand, holding the shoes out with a light expression, "New boots."

author's note- Thank you for reading! From this point on the chapters will get longer, and the story will become more action packed, so keep reading! Words- 1106