Aftermath, Reformation, and Happy Ends

Charlie held Slimecicle's body and cried. He kept crying until he physically couldn't cry anymore. The person he saw as a brother and a best friend was gone now. He didn't want to let go of Slimecicle, insisting that they could bring him back if they knew how Showfall revived people. And he was right, but they had to learn it from one of the many books in the storage area. Slimecicle's body was melting and turning into slime, so they left his body in the chest where he used to sleep while they searched for the right book.

{6 years later}

  Ranboo was searching through the last box of books that Showfall had. There were more books then they originally thought, some were just empty prop books, others had useful information but it wasn't what they needed. They were beginning to lose hope.

  Over the past 6 years, Sneeg, Charlie, and Ranboo have been reforming Showfall and searching for what they called the 'revival book'. They changed Showfall from being a deadly show based around manipulation and distrust to a show that was based on genuine fun and safety. They did keep certain aspects to make things easier and to not draw much attention to themselves, like the robot employees (who they tried to set free but were already too far gone) and the 'deaths' (they make them fake, stage blood and all). They don't kidnap people, but instead invite them to join. Everyone was always told the main plot and ideas and were free to improvise as they pleased.

  They all had roles they took on as the new owners. Sneeg was in charge of the machines and technology aspects of Showfall. Charlie was in charge of the decorations and room aesthetics. and Ranboo was in charge of story making. They had a place for Slimecicle when they brought him back, he was going to be the game maker and planner, but for now they all worked together to create and plan the games. The Puzzler stayed with them since he still enjoyed making puzzles for people to go through, he only had to remove the genuinely deadly traps. He didn't mind doing so, but said the puzzles aren't as fun without the threat of death. Ranboo helped him make up for the 'lack of fun' by telling him to change some of the traps into jump scares, which he said made up for removing the danger of the puzzles.

  Charlie was barely coping with Slimecicle's death despite it being 6 years since the incident. He managed to cope by adding something that reminded him of Slimecicle in each room, such as green things, slime, bat items, or small drawings of Slimecicle, and working almost constantly. Ranboo and Sneeg were rightfully worried about Charlie, but knew that he would only refuse to talk to them about it. He still had Slimecicle's mouse with him, he never left the cabin without it. Charlie barely slept and rarely ate proper meals, but he tried for Slimecicle anyways. Everything he did was for Slimecicle, he clung to the hope that they could bring him back to keep himself going. It was sad.

  Ranboo picked up an old, dusty, brown, leather-bound book. It read 'Revival and Regeneration'. Ranboo nearly jumped from joy when they realized what they found. They quickly ran out of the room and to the office where Sneeg and Charlie was. They bursted through the doors and shouted.

  "I FOUND IT! I FOUND THE BOOK!"

  Sneeg and Charlie jumped up quickly.

  "Are you sure?!" Sneeg asked, Ranboo nodded and showed him the book. Charlie nearly cried, he was going to get to see his brother again. Sneeg and Ranboo read through the book quickly as Charlie ran to grab Slimecicle's body. They all decided to leave Slimecicle in the box to make it easier.

  Once they read through everything and had everything set up, Ranboo started to revive Slimecicle. They started reciting the chant.

"Once gone, twice gone, three gone and more. Bring back what was once lost to us once more. Young or old, small or tall, ma'am or sir. Bring the lost back as they were."

{Yes I made it up, and no I'm not a poet-}

  They slowly approached the box, not knowing if the revival genuinely worked. Before they could open it however, it started to open itself.

  "Who the hell dragged me from limbo?" Slimecicle's familiar voice said from inside the box. He fully opened the lid and looked around, recognizing the faces of his friends and family instantly. " Charlie?! Ranboo?! Sneeg?! Wait did you three revive me?!" He questioned, confusion and happiness clear on his face.

  "Yea we did, took 6 fucking years because we couldn't find the dusty old book, but hey better late then never I guess. Welcome back man." Sneeg said, going over to hug Slimecicle who had just got out of his box. Slimecicle's tail swung around like crazy from happiness as he hugged Sneeg tightly. Once he released Sneeg from the hug, he turned to Charlie, who was crying from happiness and shock. Slimecicle practically pounced on Charlie, hugging him tightly and wrapping his tail around him.

  "I missed you all so damn much! Limbo was fucking awful I tell you, but I'm back with you all now so who gives a shit!" Slimecicle was basically nuzzling Charlie as they hugged. Once they were done hugging, Charlie gave Slimecicle his mouse, which made Slimecicle squeal with excitement. "I've kept it with me every since you died." Charlie told him. He thanked Charlie for keeping it safe, then turned to Ranboo who was putting the revival book away. Slimecicle tackled Ranboo and gave them a tight hug. They both laughed happily as they hugged.

  Once they were all done, Sneeg, Charlie, and Ranboo explained everything that's been happening with Showfall. Slimecicle was excited to be able to finally help them. Weeks, months, and years passed and the four stayed closely, living their lives to the fullest each day. They even helped people find their passions with Showfall. People would come in to help with the acting, design, technology, games, puzzles, and more and would end up finding that they loved doing those things and would leave to pursue them.

   Ranboo and Charlie ended up getting together and adopting 3 children (Lei, their daughter, Alec, their son, and Bone, their non-binary child). Sneeg adopted a young boy named Reed, and Slimecicle adopted a little girl named Selene The group all lived together and ran Showfall for 40 years before retiring and giving the ownership to each of their adopted kids.

  They all lived the last few years of their lives peacefully with each other, happy with all they had managed to accomplish and get passed. They had to fight through trauma to get to their peaceful end, but they got it. And they never seemed to regret a single thing.

{Story end}

{1141 words}