Chapter 26

(The Beacon Vault)

The darkened corridor of the Vault under Beacon with only flashes of green and vermilion are illuminated in the darkness. More flashes are shown as and weapons are clash against each other. After a clash, Cinder slides back, using her hand to melt the floor below her, and summons ice crystals from the newly formed substance, hurling them towards Ozpin. Ozpin deflects them all by moving at superhuman speed, and then darts forward and delivers a bunch of strikes at Cinder with his cane, with the last blow launching her back. Cinder then floats midair by unleashing her Maiden power. Ozpin then slams his cane into the floor, forming a spherical force-field around him. Cinder then unleashes a powerful fire blast, with Ozpin leaping into the attack with the barrier protecting him. As he closes in on her, the whole place fades to white.

__________________________________________________________________

(Beacon's Dining Hall)

[Play the video

Both Y/N and Adam are circling around each other with their respective weapons at hand with Adam frustrated that Y/N is actually using Grimm Slayer. 

Y/N: "This entire incident won't make things better for the Faunus. You and the White Fang are just making it worse for them. Please... you have to stop this."

Adam doesn't respond for a moment, still putting on a fighting stance before replying back.

Adam: "For the cause of true equality, sacrifices must be made."

His remark makes Y/N grit his teeth, blinking his eyes red. They stare at each other, now not moving an inch. It's only when a piece of debris falls to the floor and in an instance, Y/N makes a strike which Adam quickly evade it. Adam goes to slash him across the chest only for Y/N to block it. They then clash swords and trying their best to land a hit only to dodge and block each other's blows. However, every block Adam makes is followed by Y/N taking out one of his pistols to shoot his legs. It worked at first as a few shots manage to hit Adam only for Adam to now either block them or let it hit his red katana, Wilt to make it stronger for his semblance. After trading kicks to one another, both Y/N and Adam jump back and land standing up. 

Y/N: "Attacking the city and school! Killing innocent people, human and Faunus alike! This isn't peace! This is just senseless bloodshed!"

Adam: "I have a role to ensure that the White Fang will achieve our goal, regardless of the method, no matter who we have to kill to make it happen!"

Y/N: "That's wrong!"

Adam: "They all had it coming!"

With a loud shout, Y/N dash towards Adam, colliding blades, trying to push each other off.

Y/N: "Then you're no different than those human supremacists."

Adam: "Heh, those human scums are all dead."

Adam then did a sweep kick, causing Y/N to trip as he slashes his katana downward but, Y/N dodged just in time and quickly retaliate. The two kept clashing steel with one another as Y/N is starting to get slightly pushed back due to him being wary of Adam's semblance. From all the semblances Y/N seen so far, Adam's semblance is one of the most powerful in terms of offensive power and it only truly shine when a battle is prolonged. 

Y/N: ("I need to end this quickly or find a weakness in his ability.")

Adam slammed the hilt of his katana into Y/N's face, causing him to momentarily stagger. He then sheathed his katana and fired it from his shotgun sheath, Blush. Of course, Y/N block it with his gauntlets, sending the katana to be sent flying and spinning. Adam dash forward, grabbing his katana mid-air and slash forward at Y/N. Seeing the attack in front of him, Y/N evade but, not quite as there's a slash wound on his chest.