Chapter 7

(Late at Night)

Sitting at her own desk, Cinder casually typing away at a desktop in her own teacher quarter. Thanks to Mercury's scroll, she attaches the video of Qrow and Winter fighting to a piece of an article and seemingly publishes it in the Mistralian Times website. In the desktop screen, there's an image of Arslan's crying face on Nadir's shoulder and the Qrow vs Winter fight video. The title of this article she's making is called "The Vytal Festival: "Unifying Force or Conflict Catalyst." Under this title, it reads that it's been published by Cinder's pen name, "Ash Autumn."

Cinder: ("And... published.")

The moment she presses the enter on her keyboard, she smiles to herself before turning the desktop off and walking away to get some rest for the night.

(Festival's Fairground)

The next day, the fairground is just as lively as before with a random civilian is viewing and reading the Ash Autumn's article at the festival. The guy's brows furrow as it walks off deeper into the festival. In the background, Team RWBY+Y/N and Team JNPR are participating in a number of game stalls while waiting for Team CVFY's match to be called by the two announcers.

Y/N: "Man, it sure taking a while for their match to be called."

Yang: "Yeah. But hey, we still got some game stalls to go through."

Nora: "Oh! Yang, look! A giant bear plushie!"

Yang is then drag off by Nora with the rest. Y/N turn around to see Weiss, Ruby, and Ren talking about something. He decides to approach them and see what it's about.

Y/N: "Hey guys. What's up?"

Weiss gives a sadden look on her face as she quick to respond.

Weiss: "Well, my sister, Winter has work to do while visiting Beacon. Which means less time we can spend time together."

Ruby place a hand on Weiss's shoulder, giving a warm smile.

Ruby: "Don't worry, Weiss. It's not like she's trying to avoid you or anything like that. Besides, she must be very busy with work."

Y/N: "Yeah, I mean, she is an Atlas specialist and work under Ironwood. It must be quite burdensome."

Ren chimes in the conversation.

Ren: "They are right, Weiss. Your time with your sister will feel all the more rewarding once you remain patience."

Weiss nod in agreement and with that over with, Y/N then speaks once more.

Y/N: "Well, we might as well head back with the others and play some games to keep our mind distracted for a while."

Soon enough, Y/N and the gang are now fully enjoying different fair games throughout the fairground. Games like dart game, ring toss, and probability game. There's even a shooting gallery where Nora fails to win a giant bear plushie. Irritated to have lost a few times already, Nora goes to grab the plushie herself only for Yang and Pyrrha to hold her back via grabbing her arms.

Nora: "It's mine! Mine I say!"

Yang: "Knock it off, Nora!"

Pyrrha: "You can't just steal it."

Nora: "I sure can!"

Yang quickly turns to Y/N and Ren, who are watching this scene unfold.

Yang: "A little help here, guys."

The two nods in agreement as Ren and Y/N go to help Yang and Pyrrha in dragging the frustrated Nora from the shooting gallery.

Nora: "No! I want it!"