Chapter 12

(Ironwood's Flagship)

Neo, disguised as an Atlesian soldier, is reading Cinder's message before quickly putting away as she's tailing an oblivious Penny. Cinder's message made Neo a bit irritated but shakes it off, focusing on her mission. 

Back with Penny, she's walking through the hallway of the ship, looking to be repaired. The typical cheery attitude Penny has always demonstrated is no longer there in her expression. The gloomy girl ponders over these new malfunctions she just receives.

Penny: ("What's the matter with me? First, things were normal and the moment Pyrrha place a hand on my shoulder, I just... spaz out?")

On her way to the repair bay, she passes by Roman being escorted by two Atlesian guards for another one of Ironwood's interrogation sessions. Upon seeing her, Roman, whose face is still bruised, smirks before speaking up.

Roman: "Well, if it isn't Ironwood's emergency backup. How are you doing?"

This makes Penny stop in her track, turning to face the crime boss and the two guards.

Penny: "Guards. Please stop. I want to address him."

As instructed, the two guards stop and turning and making Roman turn around to face Penny. The robot girl looks at the bruise on Roman's face before commenting.

Penny: "You deserve worse for hurting my friends, you know."

This makes Roman burst out laughing at the venomous tone in her voice.

Roman: "Oh man. That attitude of yours. I'm kinda impress. Though, I do wonder what Little Red would say if she heard you speaking like that?"

Not knowing that he's referring to Ruby, Penny innocently asks, a bit clueless.

Penny: "Would Red not like it?"

Roman just shrugs.

Roman: "Heh, hell if I know. I'm just curious if she knows her friends can be just as cutthroat as I am." ("Especially that Y/N guy, but that's still in the air at the moment.")

Becoming unnerved by the exchange, Penny turns to the two guards.

Penny: "Guards, take him away please."

Simultaneously, the guards nod to her as they push Roman to keep moving to the interrogation room of the ship.

Roman: "Hey! Watch the suit!"

Watching them go, Penny let out a sigh before continuing her stroll to the repair bay to meet her father's trusted technician. Once she made inside, she's greeted by the man.

Technician: "Penny. I'm glad you're here. What seems to be the issue?

Penny then goes to explain what happened during her chat with Ruby, Y/N, and Pyrrha. Listening to this, the technician quickly nods to her before turning around.

Technician: "Okay then. Why don't you get yourself hooked up in the system so I can get a look at things."

Penny: "Of course."

As Penny start hooking herself in a bunch of wires and tubes, she hears a groan coming out of the white coat-wearing man's mouth.

Penny: "What's the matter, sir?"

Technician: "It's just that moving to the general's ship because of that break-in at Vale's CCT has slowed down both updating and my workflow."

Penny: "I see. I'm sorry to hear that."

Technician: "Well, I'm overall okay with it if it means keeping you safe for your father's sake."

During this talk, Neo manage to slip into the room via an air vent, hiding behind some large structure. She quickly takes out her scroll and open it to see the Black Queen chess piece in a red screen.