20.

•Harder Than It Looks•

*3 days later*

Waking up in a cold sweat for the second time that night I decided to just spend the rest of the night awake until day arrives.

having the same dream as before I began to get used to it every time I closed my eyes to sleep, but I could never figure out the weird feeling I got from it every time I woke up. It's like as if someone is trying to tell me something but I just can't understand what or why.

I sat up from my pallet and rubbed my face. everyone in the Marui was sleeping peacefully to the sounds of the beach waves, while as I lay awake listening to them.

I couldn't help but recap the conversation Jake and I had 3 days ago on the Ilu dock. There were plenty of times where I debated on going to spirit tree but every time, I would chicken out last minute.

To me, this was the perfect time to go before my thoughts took ahold of me and cause me to convince myself that I shouldn't go or that it wouldn't be worth it. Plus with everyone being sleep I wouldn't have to worry about anyone stopping me, making me realize what I'm actually doing.

Getting up from my spot on the pallet I made sure I was extra quiet and careful to not wake anyone. walking over to the exit, I looked back one more time inside the Marui before walking off in the direction of the Ilu dock.

Once I arrived, I made soft clicking noises calling for Tsireya's Ilu. I whispered quiet prayers under my breath to Eywa the whole time I was Strapping the harness on my sisters Ilu.

Tsireya's Ilu looked a lot similar to Turu, except the difference in their skin tone. Tsireya's Ilu had slight purple and lime green streaks with black detail and light blue skin, while as Turu had a slight greenish color
to his skin with only white and black streaks and details. But their streak pattern was very similar.

After I finished strapping her in, I dived into the water quickly before I could changed my mind, and waited for Tsireya's Ilu to swim underneath me. I grabbed onto the handle tightly as soon as it came into my reach.

Taking off rather quickly, we were able to get to our destination way faster than expected. emerging from under the water we swam on top of the surface, arriving at the Cove Of The Ancestors.

With it still being eclipse, the cove lit up so bright by the glowing tree and plants around, still very beautiful despite the circumstances.

Slipping off the Ilu I took a deep breath before diving under and swimming down towards the tree. I stopped when I got to a comfortable spot and stared blankly at the luminescence vines that hung from the beautiful tree.

slowly I reached back and grabbed my braid from the back of my head, holding it up in my hands.

I hesitated as I rethought my decision for a brief moment, but soon got a hold of myself and connecting my Tsaheylu to the brightly glowing tree. looking up towards the surface I let go of my braid and slowly closed my eyes. letting the spirit of Eywa show me what i've been looking for.

My eyes blinked open as I sat up and looked around to see I was in a different type of environment. it wasn't exactly like the forest but it also kinda reminded me of home.

I had no idea where I was or what I was looking for but I knew sitting in one spot wouldn't have gotten me anywhere.

I was just about to stand, but stopped when I heard rustling from around me.