16.

•The Dream With A Meaning•

"I'm coming with you," I said to Neteyam standing on the burning ship holding his hands in mine, Lo'ak was yelling for him to hurry, reminding him they had to go get spider.

Neteyam face scrunched into a disapproving frown. "you said you don't want me in danger but your pushing me away." I said looking into his eyes "what happens when I walk away, or when I go to the edge of this ship and turn around and your gone? what happens when i'm in the water? what happens next?.. am I alive? am I safe?" I looked at him softly.

"you wouldn't know, because i'm not with you.. so lets keep each other safe by staying together" I finished, walking pass Neteyam before he could protest.

I stood next to Lo'ak picking up a gun that was next to a different dead sky person. Neteyam rolled his eyes sarcastically walking up to me, scoffing before snatching the gun out my hand, throwing it somewhere to the side.

I opened my mouth in shock, frowning after realizing he was shaking his head 'no' indicating that I was absolutely not getting a gun.

"Hey no fair. I lost my blade" I whined, Neteyam mocked me while he walked forward staying alert. Lo'ak huffed in annoyance, rolling his eyes. I laughed at the boy, covering my mouth with my hand.

We climbed on the ceiling of the ship staying quiet so no one saw or heard us, it was harder for me to stay up than it was for the boys. My skin was much more slippery, and I had fins on my arms and legs. plus my bigger and heavier tail. It sucked but I still made it work.

After we got off the ceiling, we walked on this yellow machine thing. There were a couple of people under us, that 'Spider boy' being with them. I ducked down a little more, staying behind the boys since I had no weapon. Neteyam took his blade out his side hoister and held it up, using his other hand to keep me behind him.

And without warning he jumped down from the yellow machine, pushing one of the men into the wall using the gun the hit another. Lo'ak jumped down after him taking out two other guys. Spider took a clear mask off one of the men and punched him in the face. after it was clear and looked safe, I jumped down from the machine and landed in front of Lo'ak.

I noticed his focus was on something behind me and saw him bringing his gun up. Since I was facing him I didn't see the man behind me, but before I could even blink I heard gunshots and felt myself getting pulled out of the way.

I opened my eyes and saw Lo'ak staring down at the man he shot. I sat up and saw I was in Neteyams arms, him being the one that pulled me out the way. I looked down at myself to check if I was clear of injuries, which I was, so I stood up straight and cleared my throat.

"And I didn't need a gun" I said jokingly to Neteyam, he rolled his eyes in response "dude he was definitely gonna shot you" Lo'ak said to me, I scoffed sarcastically and rolled my eyes. "Lets go" Neteyam said quietly, calling for us to hurry.

We jumped down from the railing staying low. Spider turned to thank the boys for saving him but something caught Lo'ak's attention once again. I turned my head to see a avatar man on the other end of the ship.

he looked up, saw us, and immediately pointed his gun towards us.

Lo'ak stood up straight and started firing shots at him, I screamed in shock moving out the way. Neteyam grabbed Lo'ak's arms pushing the gun down, moving to get him out of the way. We ran under a bunch of machinery trying to find a way out. Neteyam kept me in front of him never once letting me out of his sight.