7.

~Second Chance~

I walked into my Marui and looked around to see that I was the only one there, or so I thought I was. going over to the back entrance I looked out at the water, a soft warm breeze running through my hair. I closed my eyes taking in the relaxing sounds of the waves and animals around.

"seems like you had a lot of fun with your new friend huh?" a familiar voice said from behind me. startled I turned around to see Ao'nung standing there, a not so happy look on his face. rolling my eyes I crossed my arms over my chest. "were you watching me?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. "not exactly, no. eavesdropping...yes" He answered, his hands folded in front of him pointing at me.

"like that's any different!" I scoffed, raising my arms up. "technically yes; there is a slight difference" he shrugged, going off track of our conversation. "what do you want Ao'nung" I sighed, in a serious tone, I was so tired of everything being a joke with him. "nothing in particular, just... payback" he answered with a slight smirk on his face. I stared at with a confused and irritated look on my face. "payback?" I asked needing him to elaborate more, he just nodded his head with a mischievous smile on his face.

"well you see little sister, I'm kind of in trouble with our parents right now because a little birdie decided they wanted to tell them something I did-" 

"something you did that was wrong" I cut him off standing my ground. Ao'nung looked me in the eyes, walking closer to me to where we were only a couple of inches away from each other, he leaned forward slightly "and how do you think our parents would react when they find out about your little 'date' with Neteyam" he whispered in my ear. 'was he was blackmailing me?'  I scoffed and shook my head slowly, looking at my brother in disbelief.

"why are you trying to make it seem like what I did was so bad" I said in a low tone, I couldn't believe he was acting like this. "because it is Y/n" he started, a smirk on his face, I squinted my eyes at him completely clueless as to what he was talking about. "you really think our parents are gonna allow this" he said his head tilted to the side. "allow you to bond with that.. forest freak" he added, a hint of disgust in his voice. I looked at him with a slight mug expression imprinted on my face. "Neteyam is not a freak" I said quietly. "that's what he wants you to think-" 

"NO! that's what you think!"  I cut him off yelling with my finger pointed at his chest. "they are Na'vi just like us; it would be no different if we were in the forest" I finished breathing heavily. Ao'nung got quiet still looking at me, I stared at him with wide eyes.

"I did everything I could to keep you out of trouble with our parents... I lied for you, I fought for you; I took the blame for you," I tilted my head looking at my brother with hurt filled eyes, tears resting at the brim of them. "you don't get it do you" I shook my head, my voice cracking slightly. "I do all of this because I care about you Ao'nung" I continued. "Everything I do, I do to protect you and Tsireya, because you are my family, and I don't want anything to happen to either of you... but your too damn selfish to see that" a tear slowly ran down my face and I quickly wiped it away, not wanting Ao'nung to see me so vulnerable "all you ever do is think about yourself... Have you ever even thought about how I feel?" I asked giving him time to answer. he stayed quiet not answering the question.